Building the Brains for a Budget Racer: Jaguar A7 #42

Andy's GM DIS centric hardware design! Also works as a fuel controller for EDIS and distributor applications.
m2cupcar
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Building the Brains for a Budget Racer: Jaguar A7 #42

Post by m2cupcar »

Thanks- I tried to make it pretty for presentation purposes. Why not if I'm going to the trouble to do it? ;)

I put some bends in the VRs so there's some "slack". If the bottom panel pulls down, the board slide in the pcb rails towards the frame. That said- it's the bottom and that panel will likely be mounted against a surface.

Those leads converge on two (bridged) pins each and exit the case on redundant ground leads- so two leads for sensor grounds and two for power. That decision was made after the leads were put to the pcb.

MAP tube is thick wall plastic - requires extensive stretch to get the internal vacuum hose over. It's anchored with the zip-tie around it inside the vacuum hose.

I tested every lead prior to putting it in the case and all (eventually checked out). If there is an issue it's on the pcb lead placement to pin. Though it looks tight, disassembly makes a world of difference for access- as it is how it was when I worked on it- accessible. I have a factory harness that I'll hook up to the jim stim and test all the pins. I'll test everything before sending it on to Steve.
90 Miata | 302rwhp @ 6450rpm | 281rwftlbs @ 4800rpm | FE-dohc 2.0L turbo
m2cupcar

Post by m2cupcar »

Tested and verified for full function through the OE connector wiring using my harness “stub” with some connections to the JimStim and EMStudio. Time to build some setup files.
m2cupcar

Post by m2cupcar »

Success! 8-) And on the first try even if it was starving for fuel. I did have to move the fuel pump to LSD4 because I assumed the 95 Miata was like the 90. No. Will post up a thread on the car and link back here.

Loading firmware update from 16 hours in the future. :lol:

Final mount/location. Will be covered by cowl panel- mounted up high from the weather.
ToxicGumbo
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by ToxicGumbo »

Congratulations! And nice touch with the FreeEMS sticker. Every stage of this build has a bit of class to it.

-Jeff