Jaguar 0.6-alpha kits for sale [SOLD!]

If you want to sell that old MegaSquirt or Link hardware, here's the place to try.
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Jaguar 0.6-alpha kits for sale [SOLD!]

Post by DeuceEFI »

I have ordered the first batch of Jaguar 0.6-alpha boards so it is time to finalize what components I need to order from Digikey so they arrive about the same time as the boards. Prompt payment will allow me to order all the components at the same time.

So, if you are on the list:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2273

Code: Select all

First batch:

1. DeuceEFI 1 of 2 - built for vehicle
   2. DeuceEFI 2 of 2 - blank for reference/spare
   3. Fred 1 - blank, for review/reference
   4. Dan 1 - blank, for review and possible use
   5. mikehudsonuk 1 - SMD only says urgent, smart guy :-p

These MUST have boards by early November. They can come out of first batch if necessary, or second if time. If second, then 5 from the following list can have 5 from the first batch. I hope these come from a second batch, but the first batch should be held until that can be confirmed.

1. Eric 1 - blank + parts PAID urgent, absolute priority
   2. Josh 1 - SMD only, urgent, priority
   3. ohollmen 1 - SMD only, urgent, priority
   4. E4ODnut 1 of 2 - blank + bdm + bom - has desire to hack and multiple ms1 engines
   5. pishta 1 - blank some priority
And you haven't already paid, I need to make sure what components you need then PM you a quote that includes shipping cost to your location and my PayPal information.

Prices have changed due to some design changes and the kits will now INCLUDE all the ignitor drivers, the low side drivers, the AAP and MAP sensors this time around.

The capabilities of this board for FreeEMS can be found in the README.md file in my Jaguar repository master branch on github:
https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob ... /README.md
The full schematics and board layout are in my repository as well.

I generally ship USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to USA addresses ($6.00 without the aluminum case or $8.00 with the aluminum case [the aluminum case requires a bigger shipping box]). For international orders, I ship via the United States Postal Service and I can provide you with low cost (slow) or more expensive (faster) shipping options.

I can provide the aluminum alloy cases with flanged ends for an additional $28.00 USD (plus shipping if ordered separately) or you can order them from:
The San Jose Scientific Shop
You will need to cut out the connector holes in the flanged ends of the case.

If you are thinking about Option #1 or Option #2, you should also consider purchasing one of my USBDMs for $32.00 USD which I can include with your Jaguar 0.6-alpha board to save on shipping costs.

Case and connector are NOT included with any of these kits.

So here are your ordering options:

Option #1: Bare Jaguar 0.6-alpha board (REQUIRES BDM!) $15.00 USD
No frills, no components, just the printed circuit board. This option is $15.00 USD plus shipping from USA Zip Code 47433 (ask for a shipping quote if not in the USA).

Option #2: Bare Jaguar 0.6-alpha board with full BOM (REQUIRES BDM!) $250.00 USD
The includes a bare PCB with every component in the Bill Of Materials (BOM) in marked bags so you will know the component value and schematic reference ID. This option is $250.00 USD plus shipping from USA Zip Code 47433 (ask for a shipping quote if not in the USA).

Option #3: Jaguar 0.6-alpha with ALL SMD components installed $140.00 USD
All of the SMD components are installed and the Serial Monitor is installed so you will have USB communications. NO through hole parts are included with this option. I can provide you with a shortened BOM so you can order the remainder of the components from your favorite component vendor. This option is $140.00 USD plus shipping from USA Zip Code 47433 (ask for a shipping quote if not in the USA).

Option #4: Jaguar 0.6-alpha with ALL SMD components installed and BOM kit of parts $280.00 USD
This is a Jaguar 0.6-alpha board that will have all the SMD components installed and will include a full BOM kit of parts (in marked bags so you will know the component value and schematic reference ID) for you to solder on the board. Case and connector are NOT included. This option is $280.00 USD plus shipping from USA Zip Code 47433 (ask for a shipping quote if not in the USA).

Option #5: Jaguar 0.6-alpha fully assembled $380.00 USD
This option gives you a fully assembled Jaguar 0.6-alpha board, with a few parts that you will need to install. You will need to install the voltage regulators and the MAP or AAP sensors. These are included, but you will need to solder them on (don't worry they have large leads and big pads to solder). This option is $380.00 USD plus shipping from USA Zip Code 47433 (ask for a shipping quote if not in the USA).

Options #2, #3, #4 and #5 have the following choices:
  • TC4427A non-inverting output ignitor drivers OR TC4426A inverting output ignitor drivers
    115kPa, 250kPa or 400kPa MAP sensor
Reminder:
For those of you who order Option #1 or Option #2 and you do not already have a Background Debug Module (BDM), I have those for sale as well, they are $32.00 USD (plus shipping if ordered separately), but the BDM is small enough that it can be included in the same shipping carton as Option #1 or Option #2, so there will be no additional shipping charge if purchased with those options. If you would like to purchase a BDM with Option #3, #4 or #5, I can also ship it in the same shipping carton as those kits without any additional shipping cost. My BDM is based on USBDM and additional information can be found at: http://www.coolefi.com/usbdm.php

EDIT: I cleaned up the paragraphs as they were hard to follow.

Note: When using PayPal to send funds, please use the "Send to friend" option and cover the PayPal fees as the prices above do not include the PayPal fee for the transaction.
Last edited by DeuceEFI on Sun May 25, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fred

Re: Jaguar 0.6-alpha kits for sale

Post by Fred »

Further description of the board can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2212

If you want to do a cheap build, with no protection, etc, you're on your own, get a blank (option 1) or SMD only (option 3) setup. Do NOT ask Andy to mess around with his BOM for you.

The hardware choices such as MAP for NA, mild boost, or lots of boost, and CDI style ignition, apply to all BOM and/or SMD inclusive options (2,3,4,5). Andy will hopefully clarify this soon.

Both non-SMD options (1 and 2) require a BDM! Andy sells a nice one for 32usd as pointed out above.

Don't try to save cash cutting the number of injectors, it's about 5 bucks difference from 4 to 8... Full BOM, SMD only, or nothing.

EDIT:

MAP sensor reasoning for the truly clueless:
  • 115kPa MAP sensor = high resolution for NA engines, NO boost.
  • 250kPa MAP sensor = mild boost up to 21psi, fine for NA too, if you don't know what you're doing, choose this.
  • 400kPa MAP sensor = high boost up to 43psi, NA performance usable, but not ideal, good margin for increasing power to insane levels if on mild boost now.
Almost everyone will want the non-inverting FET drivers. You need to have an explicit and good reason to not want this. If you don't know, link to your users' rides thread, and ask there. You DO have one, right??? I expect everyone getting one of these boards to have a thread about their vehicle. :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Record of what each person ordered, payment status and when it shipped out.

Andy - Option #1 x2 : Received 10/11/2013
Fred - Option #1 : Paid via firmware development :-) : Shipped 10/24/2013
Eric - Option #2 + USBDM + Case + Spares : Paid : Shipped 10/24/2013
Josh - Option #4 + Case : Paid : Shipped 10/29/2013
E4ODnut - Robert - Option #1 + USBDM + Case : Paid : Shipped 10/28/2013
ohollmen - Olli - Option #4 + USBDM + Case : Paid : Shipped 10/29/2013
mikehudsonuk - Mike - Option #4 : Paid : Shipped 10/29/2013
Dan - Option #1 : Paid : Shipped 10/28/2013
pishta - Option#1 + USBDM : Paid : Shipped 10/28/2013
Last edited by DeuceEFI on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.
MoZdA
TO220 - Visibile

Post by MoZdA »

Hey deuce,

I'm very new on here, but very serious about my build.
I want to set up a jaguar board over the Xmas break.
Would there be a chance of me getting my hands on a kit before then?
I'm after option #4

Many thanks
Maurice
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

MoZdA wrote:Hey deuce,

I'm very new on here, but very serious about my build.
I want to set up a jaguar board over the Xmas break.
Would there be a chance of me getting my hands on a kit before then?
I'm after option #4

Many thanks
Maurice
I'm going to test all the revised circuits (including the over-voltage protection) on the first board in this batch as soon as it arrives and if we don't see any major problems then we will order additional PCBs to be manufactured. Don't worry, we will get you on the list for the next (larger) batch of boards.
:)
MoZdA
TO220 - Visibile

Post by MoZdA »

:D Great to hear!!
Looking forward to it.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Edited my first post to clarify the MAP and FET driver options.

Andy, if no order has been placed, why not switch (upgrade!) to the TC4424A in the SMD package? http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/De ... e=en027087

The TC4427 was proved to be OK, but marginal in Dan's testing, and at the time, we didn't realise there was a drop in upgrade.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Andy

Payment has been sent to you via Paypal mate :-)

Keep up the great work!
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Fred wrote:Andy, if no order has been placed, why not switch (upgrade!) to the TC4424A in the SMD package? http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/De ... e=en027087

The TC4427 was proved to be OK, but marginal in Dan's testing, and at the time, we didn't realise there was a drop in upgrade.

Fred.
Ok, I will make sure everybody who ordered one of the options that include the BOM parts gets the TC4424A.

It is a good thing the silkscreen on the PCB says TC442xA :)

Andy.
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

I have placed the order for the components from Digikey, they will most likely arrive before the PCBs. This will give me time to kit them before the PCBs arrive.

Next up is to order the cases :-)