Simple Transient Enrichment Brainstorming

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
Fred

Re: Simple Transient Enrichment Brainstorming

Post by Fred »

1) Yep, already fully implemented, just not shared, for various reasons. The only reason for non-TPS algos is a lack of TPS. Future refinements to current impl likely in terms of units and so forth.

2) RPM has another effect, more injections to stabilise into equilibrium for a given time frame.

3) Yep, all the tables are X vs RPM. Full pulse shape control over the entire RPM band.

4) Carb pump works on volume, same volume is induced much faster at higher RPM. If you have a 200ms enrichment then that's tiny at low RPM and HUGE at high RPM. By volume automatically compensates.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by SleepyKeys »

The problem with just using a pure delta is that at low RPM only the fist X% of throttle movement will have an effect on airflow. IE if you are at idle and you wap the throttle to 50% there will be a huge increase in flow vs If you are lugging your engine on the highway and wap the throttle you may actually flood it out a bit. That was my reason for at least wanting to see how effective using the "fueling/PW delta" is.
A carb pump doesn't know anything about RPM,
It's sort of self-correcting. The accelerator pump dumps a flat amount of fuel based on throttle movement. The same movement at a higher RPM will automatically spread that shot out over more cylinder events.
You snooze, you lose!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sean0 wrote:The problem with just using a pure delta is that at low RPM only the fist X% of throttle movement will have an effect on airflow. IE if you are at idle and you wap the throttle to 50% there will be a huge increase in flow vs If you are lugging your engine on the highway and wap the throttle you may actually flood it out a bit. That was my reason for at least wanting to see how effective using the "fueling/PW delta" is.
Although this is true, the amount you need for initial opening is a small proportion of what you've already got at a wider opening.
A carb pump doesn't know anything about RPM,
Fred wrote:4) Carb pump works on volume, same volume is induced much faster at higher RPM. If you have a 200ms enrichment then that's tiny at low RPM and HUGE at high RPM. By volume automatically compensates.
Sean0 wrote:It's sort of self-correcting. The accelerator pump dumps a flat amount of fuel based on throttle movement. The same movement at a higher RPM will automatically spread that shot out over more cylinder events.
I swear there's a fucking echo in here! If no LT1 log + vid + rip that all match in the next 7 days, I'm turning off your postability so you can focus better :-p
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ToxicGumbo

Post by ToxicGumbo »

Sean, if you can get a log together, do you mind posting it? This is one I'd love to play back in realtime.

-Jeff
SleepyKeys

Post by SleepyKeys »

Hi Jeff,

Sure, but which engine ? R1 is available now, LT1 soonish.

-Sean
You snooze, you lose!
ToxicGumbo

Post by ToxicGumbo »

/me is a closet LT1 fan. This will be like watching an EKG strapped to a celebrity pr0n star.

-Jeff