Footprint for Adapt9S12XDP512 RC1

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
KW1252
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Footprint for Adapt9S12XDP512 RC1

Post by KW1252 »

Hello, sorry for the delay. I'm not quite sure how KiCAD handles loading libraries, I have to load it manually every time I start the program. I'll look if there are ini files that would making loading the library automatic.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Great and glad to hear from you. I haven't made much progress with the symbol yet. I'm still quite new to KICAD, I think setting up custom symbols require setting up the libraries, but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I figure there is work being done on that front, so I've been looking at injectors for the moment.

Have you seen the schematic I posted to the forum yet? I've set up a structure that should allow contributions in a modular fashion. That way different parts can be worked on at the same time. Do you know if this hierarchy structure will work?
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I've started to need other symbols and have started making my own for a couple of them. I decided to look into this a bit more. Here's what I found,

Looks like the 7k zip may have included the wrong symbol. It includes a part numbered 14529, any chance this is the next file in the list?

I seem to be able to use a library to get parts and import them into a new library, but I don't know how to simply copy a library with multiple parts. Any quick tutorials like with the PCB side?

We should also decide on a common naming convention for our libary, I called it freeEMS_lib. I liked that becasue it's likely going to go beyond EFI. Thoughts?
Fred

Post by Fred »

If it's going to go beyond EFI, wouldnt diyefi be better than freeems which is project specific as opposed to the whole umbrella of all related projects that diyefi will one day become? :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Something tells me this is a shed color topic. I took diyefi to mean Do It Yourself Electronic Fuel Injection. And freeems to Free Engine Management System.

Probably best to avoid those issues all together and call it freescale, for the MAP, and follow the naming convention that KICAD uses for the libraries. That way these symbols can be added to the main distro.
Fred

Post by Fred »

100% agreed.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!