ULV Development Comments Thread

Reference implementations of various tools for use with FreeEMS. Written in Java for my personal use, they're 100% cross platform, 100% compatible and 100% reliable with thorough test coverage.
Fred

ULV Development Comments Thread

Post by Fred »

Feel free to chip in with ideas, suggestions, praise and critique, etc. Keep in mind that it will NOT be open source, so if you help, you do so as a personal favour to me.

As it stands there are 250 TODO items in the code base, so it's far from finished, but pretty capable and fast as it is.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: ULV Development Comments Thread

Post by EssEss »

I am buying this the day it comes out. This seems to be shaping up as the best ems slanted visualization tool I've ever seen.
Fred

Post by Fred »

:-o Thank you very much, Sean. It means a lot coming from you. It's not anything worth waving arms about yet, but I hope it will be in the medium term. In the short term it's fast and efficient and accurate for my needs :-)
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Re: UltimateLoader Comments Thread

Post by andg »

I just wanted to shout out about ULV.your.data.like.youve.never.seen.it.before.png

Shout! This is an incredible view for multiple traces, with statistical features. Nice!

A bit further down the scatterplot, although I don't know what this is used for, you are making some incredible artwork here. I would love to see a Thread of people making pretty pictures with your app.

Here's another Pic showing off that feature that is so visually striking. I can discern now that this is the min/max at zoom. Great implementation of this feature.

Next statistically speaking, would be to see at a glance how the standard deviation looks, not just the range. Don't know if that is important here though, know what range 2/3 of the values were in might prove useful when examining noisy signals.

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks Andy! As Jordan Luck once (ok, hundreds of times...) said, I appreciate the appreciation!

Grab other Andy's log from my diary thread, it's superb. That's how they should look, the data above is not so nice. The idea would be to have both boxes checked, and just see a thin line anyway. If you see spikes, you can zoom in and find what they look like raw, then fix your wiring ;-)

Eg, check out this before shot with good wiring except the wideband. Notice how absolutely obvious it is that the one signal is screwed up, and the rest good? :-)

EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by EssEss »

If possible, I'd like to hear more about the workings/operations of the min max algorithim. There seems to be many choices around how to implement it, so I'm just curious about yours.
Hentai
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Hentai »

Add either a center line for data viewing or make it so the data can be viewed like on the previous OLV setup. Its a pain in the ass to use this data viewer as it stands.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Noted and choice of bold text noted, too. Currently struggling to meet life-requirements however I'm SO motivated to bring this up to a higher standard as soon as I clear the chores. You'll be one of the first to know. Cheers.
ToxicGumbo
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by ToxicGumbo »

Here are a couple screenshots related to datalog table scaling on the Raspberry Pi 7in touchscreen:

There's a brief blink-of-an-eye period for table adjustment, but it's clean and readable despite the scaling on this webpage.