Introductions!

For people running FreeEMS to discuss it and ask any questions about using and adjusting it.
Flow
TO92 - Vaguely active

Re: Introductions!

Post by Flow »

Hi All,

I think I am one of the many/few who have been lurking around in the background of this forum as merely a "Guest". And I think it's only fair to get a bit more involved than just being a bystander.

Anyway my name is Florian, I live (also) in the Netherlands. My background was being an Unix system administrator (a long time ago). Now I am a bachelor in Automotive Engineering and in my current job I am an Engine Testing Engineer (mostly Satan's fuel, read: diesel engines). Testing and crunching big engines on a Dyno.

I do have some experience programming a HCS12 micro controller (from my college time mostly). And I still have a EVBplus.com trainer board around here somewhere as well as a MC9S12XDP512 from elmicro.de. The only thing that is a bit lacking is time, but that's just a matter of putting my priorities straight. So please bare with me. :lol:

Anyway the reason I would like to join this project is that I like the idea of Open Source software/hardware and just to have an excuse to fiddle with microcontrollers and cars/bikes. Oh and of course the most important thing, to let my engine do what I want it to do :D
Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome! Which bit of the Netherlands? I have some friends near the beach that sounds like what you do to your chin :-) And in other parts, too.

Glad to see another lurker surface :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
laminator
DIP8 - Involved

Post by laminator »

Hi i am from Mexico, i am learning about EFI systems focus on DIY systems, my first experience is on Megasquirt, this changed my life :D

I own Nissan turbo 240z that i did fuel-ignition upgrade 24-1-1 CAS from VG30E engine, 450cc DSM injectors, this was my second adventure on DIY-EFI my first was, a Sunny 1971 VG30ET swap, 420cc injectors from V8 mercedez, since then, i've done many many EFI convertions into my local Hometown all with MS1 most of them and a few with MS2.

Now and days, i am work with MS1 v2.2 24y9 code, becase is cheap and i get good responce and good AFR's.

REGARDS!
Flow
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Flow »

I live in the neighbourhood of Nijmegen, which is south-east of the center of the Netherlands. No beaches here :(

Do you mean something like "Scheveningen"? With the part where you have friends here?
It's the only place I could come up with what might sound like something with your chin.

How about you, do you currently stay in Barcelona? (Remember having read something about that, but I could be mistaken).
That's along way from home!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes! Rjeijwik? Something like that. Shaven chinner! :-) My humour is abysmal.

Yes, in BCN for the time being. Yes, very very far form home.

Might try to get over to your country again and go with those guys to the nurburgring in May. It's been a few years since I did.

laminator! Bienvenido tio! :-)

Fred.
laminator
DIP8 - Involved

Post by laminator »

Thanks, i want to learn as much as possible about FreeEMS :D
HD13
DIP8 - Involved

Post by HD13 »

Hello,

Introduction,
Name: Hans
Interest: Everything that needs fuel and oil to make Horsepower (kW now aday)
Motorcycles old (new ones not good for my drivinglicense)
Profession: Elektrician

Converted an 3 cillinder aircooled motorcycle to Injection and ignition.
Not for the horsepower but mainly to learn something, and I did.
Did use a K-dfi unit wich is a MS rip off didn't know this when i bought it.
Have been reading a lot on the MS site.
Came across this site, don't know how but stil reading.
When i read the stuff overhere i should be able to wire a Jaguar board to my motorcycle.
But on the softwareside I'am a realy noob.
So in the meanwhile I keep reading.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome, Hans! :-) Even though B&G would be very unhappy about it, you might find that you got a better piece of equipment rather than worse, by it being a copy ;-) Or not, I have no experience with the K-dfi units.
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Post by andg »

Andrew Gauger,
Software Engineer and currently developing in highly object oriented languages, Ruby and X++. I started learning about more front end work since Fred told me to format my posts. This led me to renew my domain and started to learn how to use github for hosting.

I'm currently working on building a harness for my 99 grand am that has already been through a lot. The car has been mine for about 4 years, and about 40,000 miles have gone round the tires. The engine has about 35k on it, longblock replacement, plugs. I just finished up replacing the head gaskets after it was hydrolocked, a condition of water entering the cylinder and vaporizing leaving the exhaust. The compression on the car is 175 except for #1 and #6 which is retarded by 10. My intentions for this car are not performance based. I already have 175hp and don't 'need more.' I picked up a crossmember and front exhaust manifold that will become a turbo someday, but I aint rushing it.

I go way back with a member of the contributing team. In fact I worked with him when I was 17, some 12 years ago. I currently have the freeems-tools, a pcb in mind, an engine with compatible signals, and a bunch of time committed to the project.

I'd like to give a big shout out to everyone who has contributed to this project, everyone who have gotten an engine running and shared information how they got there, and to Fred who has already begun acting like a mentor within hours of beginning my work.

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
Fred

Post by Fred »

With the exception of the thread that I had to remove, it's been an amusing pleasure having you around thus far! :-)