hello

FreeEMS topics that aren't specific to hardware development or firmware development.
Peter
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: hello

Post by Peter »

MotoFab wrote:Output pins from processors also typically only drive 20mA, and must be connected to a driver transistor to make a PWM signal that can drive something practical.

In the same way, usual practice puts a current buffer transistor after the high impedance DAC output pin to serve as the DAC driver. Which is identical to the usual practice putting a current buffer transistor after the processor output pin to serve as a the PWM driver.
I don't know why we're still talking about dacs. Are you saying you want to use a micro-controller that has PWM capability to drive a dac that uses PWM to drive a transistor? <- rhetorical question in case you were wondering

It seems like part of this circuit is redundant, but I can't figure out which part.

Hip Hip Hooray for turning this thread into a pointless argument. lmao
:-p
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

I didn't think we were talking about DACs. Fred paints himself into a corner and then reacts. Nothing new here. Many of us more capable resources hope he grows out of it. It's a big hindrance to contribution. Honest and truly.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You can trust Jim to fuck up, well, anything, really. Peter, if you say the word, I can remove his entire account. I can't be fucked dealing with him anymore.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Jim, you'd have to contribute 100k USD before you were worth the trouble you've caused here. Quite frankly, you've never done more than stir shit, likely all you're good for.
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

I remember once upon a time 'stirring shit' as you call it regarding transient fueling. And here you are 2 years later incorporating it into the code. There are more examples. Overall though, good thing you eventually deal with whatever gets stirred up. I'm thinking the learning process could go a lot easier both for you and the resources, and I hope it does. This project has a lot of potential.
Peter
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Peter »

MotoFab wrote:Many of us more capable resources hope he grows out of it. It's a big hindrance to contribution.
God damn you Fred for hindering contribution to this project, look at transient fueling that "feature" could have done two years ago when there were 800 more important problems. lol I don't even know how you could come to that conclusion. Fred's the only reason this project is a viable option for an engine management system. Just out of curiosity Motofab, what have you contributed to this project? On second thought never mind, one I don't care and two this isn't the place to be discussing such things.
Fred wrote:Peter, if you say the word, I can remove his entire account. I can't be fucked dealing with him anymore.
I'll leave that up to you. I find him rather entertaining, other than the fact that this isn't the place for it.
Fred wrote:100k USD
Damn! That's an expensive FreeEMS license, or maybe that's a user support/developer patience fee.
MotoFab wrote:I remember once upon a time 'stirring shit' as you call it regarding transient fueling. And here you are 2 years later incorporating it into the code.
Hum, it probably has something to do with your attitude. Like right now with the "I told you so!" Look at me "my" idea was right, but I didn't help develop the feature, that's for the underlings, I'm an idea man. roflmao

NinjaRider: Sorry for making a complete mess out of your thread.

And because I like comics.
Last edited by Peter on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:-p
Fred

Post by Fred »

What's worse, Peter, is that I'm NOT adding that to the code, and have no immediate plans to, what so ever. I'm not even adding normal accelerator pump action to it. Jim is just full of subtle insults and undermining behaviour, as always. Thanks for your support, Peter!
NinjaRider
DIP8 - Involved

Post by NinjaRider »

wow. i work for a couple hours to find a off the course thread.

@Peter and all. im not talking about using a DAC to control the IAC. That would be completely pointless. the iac should probably stay the way it is.

the vacuum bypass that i was refering to by the zx600k1. by each throttle body there is a small drilled relief that allows air to bypass the throttle plate. the whole is opened and closed with tapered needle screw by which you calibrate vac for the cyl for 20vac. allowing you to program the computer knowing exactly how much air is bypassing the throttle plate at given rpm. another way to do it would be to convert to a maf which would require a lot of replumbing.
Fred

Post by Fred »

NinjaRider wrote:@Peter and all. im not talking about using a DAC to control the IAC. That would be completely pointless. the iac should probably stay the way it is.
What exactly ARE you talking about driving with a DAC then? Unless it's a pair of head phones, you're probably off course as much as the thread is.
NinjaRider
DIP8 - Involved

Post by NinjaRider »

dont know if i would need a vol dac or an cur dac, but i want to drive special designed solenoids to actuate the valve train and remove the cams and all associated timing components.