Introducing gufi's latest creation!

OpenLogViewer is a cross-platform data log viewing application originally written by Gufi and new developed and maintained by Ben and Fred. Discuss all things OLV here!
gearhead
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Introducing gufi's latest creation!

Post by gearhead »

Ok, I read it again and still do not see why these are different. It even has a different name. I like yours as it has just the name and a check box and is smaller.
Fred's
Fred's dialog box
Fred's dialog box
Mine
gearhead's dialog
gearhead's dialog
What am I missing?
gufi
TO220 - Visibile

Post by gufi »

you currently are not missing any thing... this is the direction that i took. you can turn on and off the graphs by clicking them, they will dim if they are off and then brighten back up if they are turned on.

in order to update colors or min/max hold control and click a data header and a small frame will pop up. there is a small bug in it that i have yet to be able to work out ( has to do with event handlers )

when you change color click apply then you'll notice that the color on the graph doesnt update. well... it has but just has not repainted the screen yet, clicking play or mousing over the graph will cause the colors to change along with other changes if they have not appeared yet.

if you can grab the latest ( two days ago ) from the git repo i have fixed a few bugs for adding and removing divisions and such
Fred

Post by Fred »

gearhead wrote:What am I missing?
About four months, I'd say! That screen shot was taken 4 months ago. A LOT has changed in that time. The app is only 5 months old! Most of the dev went in in the first 3 months, so that screen shot I posted had 1/3 of the work in it, approximately. If you don't understand after this paragraph, I officially give up :-)

I'll take a look at what gufi did a few days ago and play with both the app and code here a bit. Maybe I can make some improvements to it for us all. We'll see.

I might start a thread on a UI redesign of sorts. I had a few ideas yesterday that should keep gufi happy and work better for everyone.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1215

gearhead - Get stuck in! If you could help transfer ideas from this thread to the tracker in a more formal way, that would really help things!

Gufi - if you think of anything, throw it on there so that you don't forget. You know what is wrong/right/needs doing better than anyone!

Others, don't be shy, whinge till your heart is content.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!