Inputs, Conditioning Ignition/Timing signals for CPU (56k??)

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
jbelanger
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Inputs, Conditioning Ignition/Timing signals for CPU (56k??)

Post by jbelanger »

I was indeed talking about the Maxim part. This is not for my original dual VR board which uses the LM1815 but for a new board that does have 4 VR conditioners (and quite a bit more). And the Maxim parts are definitely not the ideal part for DIY assembly since the single conditioner part is 0.5 mm pitch and the dual conditioner version is 0.635mm pitch. It is doable by hand and it's what I have done for the few prototypes I've assembled but it's not fun (well it can be but it's not the same as a 0.1" DIP package).

I do like that this is a differential input device for the reasons mentioned by Jim. And the fact that it can be used with an opto or Hall input is another bonus. What I don't like is that it is only available directly from Maxim which may or may not be an issue but certainly raises the question of availability (which always seems to be the point raised about Maxim parts). The fact that it's not a DIY-friendly part may or may not be an issue depending on what's planned for the target board. In my case it was not an issue (actually the compact overall footprint is nice).

Jean
tpsretard
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by tpsretard »

a user posted this on the MSExtra forum.

i have read through it and it looks promising..

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collater ... 0SHEET.PDF
EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by EssEss »

this is the cs1124 - but it uses a ncv tracking prefix for automotive apps.