Expansion board ideas

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
fastmonkeywheels
TO92 - Vaguely active

Re: Expansion board ideas

Post by fastmonkeywheels »

I forget the bandwidth, but I was planning on using the system for a MS add on board. It was plenty fast, a few mbits/s I believe.

Is there an introduction forum? Someplace I should say hi?

[EDIT]
I just found the Lounge, somehow I missed it before.
[/EDIT]
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

What's the data reuired to get out a signal, in serial, to one of these converters mentioned in the first thread? To first order, we could calculate our bandwidth. I.E. 10 devices at 100 hz? Is that 5 devices at 200 hz? Each of these channels takes what from the CPU?

I'd like to look at a board like that, start thinking about it. DAC and ADC and multiplexed idiot lights give me wood.
Fred

Post by Fred »

The aux IO stuff can be done slowly in the main loop without issue, but the serial comms will really be limited to how fast we can pump the data down the line. I can only see one line being supported with any decent speed really. Fortunately one decent line is most likely enough to do a thorough datalog through. A second line can be used as a tuning interface and they can be kept quite separate. Of course the tuning interface line should also have the ability to send out all the same data. Just not so quickly perhaps.

All just random thoughts on it really.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!