PCB layout - DaveBMW

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: PCB layout - DaveBMW

Post by davebmw »

Have been working on the Analog and digital input protection and conditioning sch today,

next on the list is VR conditioner
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Post by Fred »

Bump, see my post in Jared's thread :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Fred, Eh????

Update:

I have been working on a side project for work and for home use, its basically a PIC18F4550 used as a USB DAQ for connection to a PC to provide 8 digital inputs, 8 digital outputs, 8-10 Analogue inputs, 4 Analogue outputs, 4 PWM outputs or capture and compare inputs.
The initial idea is for use with LabView which I am learning at the moment. However this little project has the potential to become considerably more than a simple I/O device, maybe a piggy back datalogger to extract through experience the OEM setup to program into the freeEMS.
or
Knock signal processing or Ion sensing with comms back to XDP via SPI or CAN.

the possibilities are quite fruitful.

On the FreeEMS Tybe B front I have the digital protection and analogue conditioning sorted, the VR circuit I have a couple of options the first and easiest is to use the LM chip, I have been looking to perform the same task with a simple OpAmp circuit not quite sure which one i'll choose yet.

Next task is to capture the knock signal and find a way for the PIC to pull that signal from the noise and act upon it. For this i will need a decent day with minimal rainage to get out on road and record the signal as an audio file.
looks like a busy weekend again.
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Post by Fred »

Keep up the good work :-)

Fred.
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

You too! Steak and Cheese pie eating compadré.
Pilt
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Pilt »

How about fiting two TPIC8101 or HIP9011 knock sensor ICs on the board?
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Pilt wrote:How about fiting two TPIC8101 or HIP9011 knock sensor ICs on the board?
it may well end up having one, it would require a link to the XDP, I think on the SPPI that will need writing into the code, thats quite a bit out of my programming abilities at the moment.

But for now, as a safety net, a more discrete approx may be the way. Just something to provide a pulse out to the XDP and the software reels back the timing and could provide an advanced based auto-tuning facility.
Fred

Post by Fred »

davebmw wrote:it may well end up having one, it would require a link to the XDP, I think on the SPPI that will need writing into the code, thats quite a bit out of my programming abilities at the moment.
The trouble isn't that I'm not willing to do it, it's that there are 50 other things that need doing first that will take a lot of time.

In the last week I've realised that I have a mountain more work than I thought I did due to having to describe the data interface for the tuner guys (without which our ecu is useless). I'm on the case, but I need to finish your stuff first as those guys have lots more to do without the data spec already and you guys are waiting.

Fred.
gearhead
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by gearhead »

Dave,

Can you post your current version of this project? I would prefer if you put it on github so that we can all find it.

http://github.com/fredcooke/freeems-vanilla/tree/master

Create a directory, please and upload it. Any work you have done, I want to leverage as opposed to re-creating.

Gearhead
Fred

Post by Fred »

Gearhead, it's not a matter of creating a directory in freeems-vanilla and uploading it. It's a matter of creating a project for this and commiting and pushing the data. Each part of the project should have it's own source repository. This and Jared's sub-projects should be split out just like freeems-tuner is.

Having said that, I fully agree that we should get these pieces of work up in such a fashion and keep them versioned over time.

Fred.