Very interesting paper on Knock sensing with some code!!!!

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Very interesting paper on Knock sensing with some code!!!!

Post by davebmw »

Take a look here at:

http://db.s2.chalmers.se/download/maste ... 2_2004.pdf

It covers a hell of a lot including the interfacing of a ready made knock sensing IC with some code to setup and use the device via SPI bus! :)
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Re: Very interesting paper on Knock sensing with some code!!!!

Post by Fred »

It's an interesting article alright. I've posted about that chip before, but it requires an ADC input (GASP).

It's worth noting that the MPC555 as used in that test is a LOT more expensive than our little chip, it's also a lot more powerful too. We only have 8 timer channels that are standard ECT timers, no TPU, and all 8 are used up on a 6 cylinder engine. I've posted about a similar windowing approach, but whatever we achieve is likely to be more coarse than what he did there.

Still a good read though.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ababkin
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by ababkin »

Thanks A LOT for posting this link Dave. Very interesting and relevant info for one of my projects.
Legal disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not responsible for anything, you are responsible for everything. This is an open and free world with no strings attached.
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by davebmw »

ababkin wrote:Thanks A LOT for posting this link Dave. Very interesting and relevant info for one of my projects.
Woo Hoo! I was useful!!! ;)
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1