112 or 144 pin versions of the XDP, will it work?

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

112 or 144 pin versions of the XDP, will it work?

Post by davebmw »

Is there any reason you can think of that we are not using the full blown 144 pin LQFP with all the extra pins?
I know that the development board featuring the 112 pin LQFP s12xdp512 is an easier solution because its an available module. but PCB costs aside is there a reason we are not considering it.

Main reason i ask is i have 2 samples of each on their way from Freescale and i intend to get PCB's made for the full blown version as well as the 112 package.

I don't know what i will want to do with the extra IO channels but i hate limits!
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Re: 112 or 144 pin versions of the XDP, will it work?

Post by Fred »

No reason at all, it will work just fine and not use the extra pins till you write code for it. I can patch some of it to work that way if you are going to use it and it shouldn't affect anyone else at all.

8 of the extra pins are ADC pins and very useful :-) Other than that the increase isn't all that useful really, but the more pins the merrier :-)

I moved the thread/post here because it's core stuff really.

I look forward to seeing your progress! :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!