MAP sensor circuit

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
Fred

Re: MAP sensor circuit

Post by Fred »

That's interesting. I has considered feeding our ADC ref with the secondary supply for the sensors too. You have to be very sure it is very close to the voltage seen on the supply pins though, apparently only a little variation can damage it.

The wavery power supply lines could have detrimental effects on other aspects of the CPU operation too. Did you consider trying to smooth the main 5v line more?

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
shameem
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by shameem »

No the transients were too fast (and too small) to affect any normal operation of the logic components. But even a 0.01v transient showed up on the ADC readings - as it should ......
I didnt look at the schematics in detail yet - but i think the transients may be due to the power transistors like FETs and IGBTs since the power ground does not seem to be separate from digital ground. I tried a whole lot of capacitors on the 5v rail - didnt help that much.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Both power and ground are separate to the connector and joined from there to the source. However the idle transistor is grounded to the digital ground, so if you do PWM idle with an upgraded transistor you can easily get noise inside.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!