40pin DIP to processor daughter board idea

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
JaniM
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: 40pin DIP to processor daughter board idea

Post by JaniM »

Just generally asking. Is that PortB for XGATE?
First engine would be flat four of course :) Maybe first waste spark. Fuelling,I don't know yet.
Dan
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Dan »

Nope, xgate can be used on several of the ports, if not all of them. We chose portb as no other functions exist on that port that are currently being developed or specifically used. Ie. Its a generic port.
Fred

Post by Fred »

JaniM wrote:Just generally asking. Is that PortB for XGATE?
It's connected like that with the intent of using XGATE later, yes. But as Dan said, it's not special. Which is why, because a special port would be a waste.
First engine would be flat four of course :) Maybe first waste spark. Fuelling,I don't know yet.
<3

You should route your traces as per RavAGE so that you can swap resistors to swap firmware, later. For now, on a flat four, you should use Port T 2,3 for wasted and T 4,5,6,7 for fueling, or just 4,5 if semi-sequential. Even if you want to use COP/CNP hardware, you can run them pseudo wasted for the time being, and enjoy the subtle benefits of sequential (assuming that you have a suitable).

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!