So far we've had a situation where a number of people have designed various boards with the expectation that they'll be compatible and/or work and ended up in a situation where they would not have. This is obviously not good.
- DFH did this, by ignoring my advice. FULL of incompatible and wrong details.
- Puma did this, by ignoring my advice. FULL of incompatible and wrong details.
- RavAGE didn't do this, because he worked closely with me from the start.
- CatPower did this, but had a come back once pointed at RavAGE.
- Jaguar did a bit of this, and then had a huge come back by working closely with me.
Dan was the only one that came to me and said "I want to build hardware", to which I replied, "I'll work with you if you listen to me" and he did and I did. Consequently his results are closest to correct at this point. Andy got back to equally close once he published info about his project, fairly late in the design process. As did HotCat, when he published info on his, again, fairly late in the design process. Both of them needed to rework things and do things again to make their designs correct = wasted time. This doesn't mean that you should copy RavAGE or any of these projects as they ALL
still have PROBLEMS
of them are still UNFINISHED
are still UNPROVEN
are still under DEVELOPMENT
. So if you want to avoid headaches, full disclosure of your plan is the best thing for everyone, but especially for you. Without that you're relying on guesswork and out of date documentation that is likely at least in part incorrect. Do the right thing, tell us, or at the very least, me, what you're planning to do!
This post was brought to you because someone copied Jaguar without talking to us, and quite possibly copied some mistakes that were still in it, because he did so without talking to Andy or I first. It'll likely be OK, but it'd be better if he'd spoken up, then it wouldn't be as uncertain and everyone would be happier.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!