Suggestions and Feedback please.

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
Fred

Suggestions and Feedback please.

Post by Fred »

Hi,

I have noticed that a lot of people appear to be shy about posting their thoughts. I would just like to say that ANY thoughts you have about anything should be posted up or pmed if you are not comfortable with publicly posting. When I say ANY, I mean it. Both Positive and Negative comments on everything and anything at all are most welcome.

If you see me doing something that you can see issues with, please say so. Even if you don't have a better solution. If I haven't seen the issue, I will be MOST greatful, if I have, I can take the time to explain why I am going that way despite the problem.

On the other hand If you really like a particular idea, SAY SO, otherwise it might fade in my/our eyes and get dropped :-)

A technique that I have seen used on other boards is simply to put a '+1' below the quote, or in the next post if that is clear enough. This keeps repetition to a minimum and gets your view across nicely.

Really people, ANY thing no matter how insignificant it seems. I want this to be a great thing, and there is no way I can make it great with my own tunnel vision impairing me. I need your input too to give it balance and sanity.

Go for it! :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Re: Suggestions and Feedback please.

Post by AbeFM »

I got nothing. But I like the idea.

Maybe free ice cream for everyone. :-)

Still, I'll keep it in mind - I'm a firm supporter of everyone talking than everyone ignoring...
Lundgren417
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Lundgren417 »

I would like to keep my thoughts silent untill i know what kind of banter i need to be prepaired for, espaccially when i dont know mutch about the topic but i have ideas. The more diversity you get in the community the more progress you will see though. Later.
Fred

Post by Fred »

No need to be shy man :-) Share your ideas. The worst that can happen is that they be impractical or undesirable for some reason you didn't spot right? I'll try and be gentle with you ;-)
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

Lundgren417 wrote:I would like to keep my thoughts silent untill i know what kind of banter i need to be prepaired for, espaccially when i dont know mutch about the topic but i have ideas. The more diversity you get in the community the more progress you will see though. Later.
I'm with Fred - no need to be quiet, no one here will be mad at anyone on a personal level - and it's much easier to ignore something than to agree with an idea you've never heard.

The inventor of the machine gun for airplanes (they had to be able to shoot timed with the prop so as not to blow the prop off the plane) knew it was possible so he was able to do it - he'd heard of German biplanes with machine guns. It took him quite some time, but he devised a system to lock out the gun when the prop was in certain positions.

Later, after the war, he learned the German planes just laid steel armor on the inside of their props, and they shot them regularly. But just thinking something was possible made it doable - sometimes hearing a suggestion that's off can still inspire a conversation as a whole.

Anyway, no reason to hold back, ideas are only good.
ababkin
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by ababkin »

8InchesFlacid wrote:
The inventor of the machine gun for airplanes (they had to be able to shoot timed with the prop so as not to blow the prop off the plane) knew it was possible so he was able to do it - he'd heard of German biplanes with machine guns. It took him quite some time, but he devised a system to lock out the gun when the prop was in certain positions.

Later, after the war, he learned the German planes just laid steel armor on the inside of their props, and they shot them regularly. But just thinking something was possible made it doable - sometimes hearing a suggestion that's off can still inspire a conversation as a whole.
excellent story and analogy. also lol @ ze germanz! at least they make good cars now (well, used to, before '92)
Legal disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not responsible for anything, you are responsible for everything. This is an open and free world with no strings attached.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Just a quick reminder that this thread was meant as a notice that you should always post your thoughts when reading a thread on hardware, not as a place to post thoughts. If they are hardware related and there isn't another place, either start a new thread or post it here I guess. Posting here should only be for things that are not overly significant though. If it is a general site/admin type suggestion/thought, post it in the comments and questions section here :

http://www.diyefi.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Thanks,

Fred.