My Bench Test Hardware

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
HotCat
LQFP112 - Up with the play

My Bench Test Hardware

Post by HotCat »

I really want to have a JimStim to do bench test job, unfortunately international trade cost is too high. So I choose domestic product, this is how I use it to bench test my stock BOSCH MP5.2. I'll bench test FreeEMS firmware as soon as my hardware is ready. Last month I had a baby boy, so time is always against my interest

Fred

Re: My Bench Test Hardware

Post by Fred »

Cool! :-)

HotCat, I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but the pins are not finalised yet. See this link for more details:

http://issues.freeems.org/view.php?id=190

I strongly recommend that you make allowances for jumpering between your drivers and the CPU such that pin functions can swap without affecting you. Particularly, make sure you can access PORTT 2 - 7 and PORTA and PORTB easily.

Excuse the off topic.

BTW, in lieu of the JimStim, you could put your own board together with an s12xdp512 and run freeems bench test code against your real freeems, just a thought. It's not coded to that level, yet, but it is codeded to work in a simple way! :-) It would be fully capable of complex patterns, probably unlike the function generator, and more accurate than the jimstim which is low on cpu power.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
HotCat

Post by HotCat »

Fred, Thanks for reminding. I use core board + I/O board design, if the pin was redefined, I redesign my I/O board, handcraft it. My goal was clear, pin compatible with Bosch MP5.2, because I want to make it easy to install and stable, mitigate most potential risks. Car is still expensive for most people in China and especially in Beijing, one family can only keep one car in order to mitigate the traffic jam
Fred

Post by Fred »

No problem, and perfect! :-)

If your IO board has the traces exposed suitably you could probably just fix it rather than reworking the whole thing, and save the rework for a later date. For the time being, only PT2-7 are usable, start your ignition channels at 2 and use the remainder for fueling.

BTW, when do we get to see the design, is there any chance of putting it on github (or any other git service) for us? Pretty please? :-)

Fred.
MotoFab
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by MotoFab »

Mazel tov on your new baby boy!

-Jim
HotCat

Post by HotCat »

Fred wrote:No problem, and perfect! :-)
BTW, when do we get to see the design, is there any chance of putting it on github (or any other git service) for us? Pretty please? :-)
Fred.
I promise I will share everything I made, but the problem is there's nothing to share. my schematics was incomplete and draw badly, I don't have enough courage to upload on github. As my child was born, I should devote more time on wife and child. But trust me, next time you see my prototype board, my modification should be on github.
Fred

Post by Fred »

What about privately? I'm interested to see it no matter how badly it's drawn, and I promise not to share. :-)