PCB layout for Cinch ModICE enclosure

From DIY contraptions to sophisticated FreeEMS-specific designs! Plus general hardware development!
KW1252
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: PCB layout for Cinch ModICE enclosure

Post by KW1252 »

Hi, what was the problem with the spring plates? I thought I had it matched with the datasheet numbers, did I mess up somewhere?:oops:

Another thing, if there is anyone who has the datasheets for the OEM connectors (for those DIYAutotune has in their DIYBOB catalog) now would be a great opportunity to compare notes. As ModICE is available with a blank face plate option, an OEM connector would certainly help if you want a plug-n-play unit or 60 pins isn't enough! (though I agree both cases are bit extreme!)

Oh, and great job, Jurpo! Even if PADS isn't quite the tool of choice for the occasional user, diversity won't hurt! As long as there's some reasonable way to exchange data between design tools, anyway.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Ah, appears the link broke, sorry about that, I just updated those pictures in a couple posts back.

The issue was that the spring plates appeared to be on the wrong sides. I was trying to show the plates in the pictures. One tries to show the two notches in the top pressing against the top of the enclosure, such that your chips will be pressed against the heat plate as you slide in the board. When you install the heat clips and devices, you'll want to lean them in slightly, then as you push the case closed, the taper on the top of the enclosure will pinch the chips against the heat bar.

Also I've made many changes to this project. It now includes a routed board that has much more than most will want. Basically all the sub circuits point at the processor, such that you can put what ever processor in it you want.

The solid model stuff is buried in the archive such that if someone wants to find the solidworks files, they can look at the commit notes and find the checkin where I removed them. If they check out the one right before that, then they will have those models. However if someone simply downloads the file from the web page, it's going to be a much smaller download. Which is what most people will want, as I don't think most have Solidworks.
KW1252

Post by KW1252 »

Hmh, They're the correct orientation in my files, however there's a non-obvious problem I ran into while messing with the 3D files; certain translations swapped the handedness. I had to mirror the 3D components in lightwave for them to survive a certain process in the method. The *21 tab, marked "L" goes on the right side (when viewed from the above, connector on the top) on my 3D files, and *20, "R", goes left... peculiar
thebigmacd

Post by thebigmacd »

Our buddy Jean over at jbperf has released a trial run of a few boards using the ModICE
http://forum.jbperf.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=3694#p3693
Keith MacDonald
Control Engineering (Systems) Technologist
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks! Is that the new microjizz module or the old one?
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
thebigmacd

Post by thebigmacd »

Fred wrote:Thanks! Is that the new microjizz module or the old one?
Looks like Microsquirt Module V2.2 - the new one.
Keith MacDonald
Control Engineering (Systems) Technologist
Costa
Banned!

Post by Costa »

The new microsquirt, with the max9926, is the V3.0
Apparently there are no plans for a v3.0 microsquirt module. :(

Con
previously: ca7