Injector control logic (AKA design for Alex :-p)

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
ababkin
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Injector control logic (AKA design for Alex :-p)

Post by ababkin »

On one hand, I am just following the 'overbuilt' dogma that you've inspired in me.
On the other hand, i am creating the 'opposite/balancing force', which is always good in finding the ultimate truth.
So (in general) don't take my comments as too confrontational - questioning things is generally a good and liberating practice. I do this to motivate a dialogue, not to confront due to subjective reasons.

Specifically though, i am just trying to keep an open and clear mind on this. To be able to say 'good enough' while still being truthful to oneself, one needs to do the actual measurement.
I also know "the reference code" so i know how larger tooth-count can _in theory_ be beneficial for greater angular accuracy during transients. But i have no idea how much benefit this gives for real world scenarios. (again, need to do lot's of measuring to come to some reasonable conclusion)
Legal disclaimer for all my posts: I'm not responsible for anything, you are responsible for everything. This is an open and free world with no strings attached.
Fred

Re: Injector control logic (AKA design for Alex :-p)

Post by Fred »

Why? you can just do the math ;-)

Look up the angular acceleration of Andy "whittlebeast's" jet ski engine, see how much speed can change inside the gap between two teeth. see that the errors involved are negligible even in a seriously extreme case such as that.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!