Fred's firmware development diary comments thread

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
Delta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Fred's firmware development diary comments thread

Post by Delta »

jharvey wrote:I just ran the doxywizard and produced the html version of the doxygen files. I then zipped and uploaded them next to the SF copy of .16 flashgordon.

Now I guess it's time to see if I can figure out the ass bone from the mouth bone, although there is a good chance the foot bone might come in contact with the mouth bone, I'll try to avoid that.
I've been meaning to do the same thing - but the PhD code take precedence atm. I'll have a look soon enough though.
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by BenFenner »

Fred wrote:We COULD carry this through to total switchability, but I don't see the value in being able to change cylinder count etc with a switch... so we probably won't.
Displacement on demand? :?
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

In between all the banter i have been looking at the latest code and i have to say it's really well commented i haven't come across anything that has really confused me yet.
so far i have read:
main.c
TimingTables.c
VETables.c
Psudo.comms.c
LambdaTables.c
injectionISRs.c
fuel AndIgnitionCalcs.c
enginePositionISRs.c

can you tell me why you have chosen to use odd sized tables? i.e. 24 x 19 instead of 16 x 16 or 20 x 20.....? I'm not whining I'm just curious.
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

So I started remembering the stuff I had forgotten about Doxygen. I have changed it to include the source code blocks in line, and I've installed graphviz to generate call graphs. It is much easier to use the Doxygen files now. I'm tempted to blow away the file I uploaded and replace it with this one. However the zip is now 4.3 megs.

Should I put it up there, or simply wait for the next release?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dave, pseudo.comms is a draft file, so don't expect much from that. As for tables, dig up the table size thread and have a read, you can adjust them to 12x12 if you like ;-) Perhaps a comment explaining the variable nature is needed, I'll do that this morning. Thanks for the pointer. Also, injector_isrs.c is based on injector_isr.c, read both to see what is happening. This is to avoid call overheads.
jharvey wrote:Should I put it up there, or simply wait for the next release?
Up to you, all is fine by me!
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dave, I've added a descriptive comment to the definition of mainTable in structs.h. I can email it to you this evening if you like, or you can read that thread and wait for the next release.

Fred.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I've added freeems-doxygen.16_take2.zip to the SF download. It's the better version of the Doxygen files and includes in line code and call graphs.
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Fred wrote:Dave, I've added a descriptive comment to the definition of mainTable in structs.h. I can email it to you this evening if you like, or you can read that thread and wait for the next release.

Fred.
Cool! please do, I find reading the code a damn site different to stumbling through the bramble bush of intermingling vine which is MS code. I can actually make sense of most of what's going on.
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Post by Fred »

Jared, the docs are cool :-)
davebmw wrote:I can actually make sense of most of what's going on.
Where you can't please definitely say something about it! That is the only way it will improve for those that follow.

Cheers,

Fred.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I've only started reading the code, I do have a question. What's the atomic thing about?

I agree well writen and nice comments. I suspect I'd figure out the atomic thing if I read more of the code, but hey, I'm on lunch so why not ask.

Oh also the Doxygen files are HTML, perhaps they could be hosted instead of a zip? Just a thought.