Fred's firmware development diary comments thread

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Fred's firmware development diary comments thread

Post by davebmw »

Fred wrote: That depends how hard and how many times. I have been known to flip myself without the help of any drugs. Brain impacts inside of skull always works wonders for unconsciousness.

Thats the spirit keep it at the redline and WOT!
You saw what those 2 girls were like on that BBC cop program I linked to, I think those 2 must have been on PCP, but having said that amphetamines do similar to the persons pain threshold and adrenaline levels are as high as they are! so they are bloody dangerous.

Cameras everywhere, so there's no chance of getting away with it barring the cop going "good work, we didn't see any footage" or similar.

Ironic that the things designed to bring justice are the very thing that prevent it in this case!

Anyway, enough time wasted on that bastard. Time to finish dinner and get on with some work :-)

Good on you sir!

Fred.
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Post by Fred »

davebmw wrote:Ironic that the things designed to bring justice are the very thing that prevent it in this case!
Well, the same ones got him doing it, running away, swapping drugs with his missus, and dumping something in a bin. Apparently the whole town is full of cameras! I'll think twice before suggesting a central city burnout in future! There is always a person in the cop shop with a room full of screens and mug shots watching the streets and shops there. If they spot a known one they follow them around on screen! Kinda cool, but kinda WTF for a kiwi if you know what I mean. Central auckland and wellington might have a few cameras, but no small town would... this country is in a bad way and we are headed in the same direction :-(

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Ok then i partially retract my earlier statement about the irony, its very good that the cameras have worked in your favour but kind of a bitch that the justice they will serve will quite possibly be community service and a rehab program before sticking him right back on the dole with a free housing association house that he gets because of his 17 illegitimate children and crack habit.
I would rather see him strung up in the town square and pelted to death with rocks!
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
sry_not4sale

Post by sry_not4sale »

Re: your latest post in the development diary...

Looking forward to seeing the new code and having a tinker ;) :D
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yeah, the cop pretty much asked us not to get them to do the guy for attempted theft on the basis that that would be all he would get and it would cost them a lot of time. Just let them do them for drugs stuff instead. Oh, and they missed a flight to the USA because of me too :-)

Aaron, don't expect it to be too tidy, it's just getting knocked out because it's been too long! Still, a lot of changes in it since the last one! change log is about 55 lines :-)

Fred.
sry_not4sale

Post by sry_not4sale »

I just want to have a good look around the serial and memory stuff so I can get my head around it a bit better :)
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
Fred

Post by Fred »

The serial stuff is busy wait and really simple, that ought to take you about 5 minutes to fully understand :-)

The memory stuff is simple once you understand it. See the following files :

memory.x (linker script memory definition, included into linker script at link time)
memory.h (shortcuts for use in placing data and stuff in specific places)
9s12.......x (linker script, HEAPS of stuff we don't need in there but not 100% certain what I can safely remove yet...)
Makefile (objcpy sections define how )

And look out for the defines from memory.h placed after various definitions.

RAM paging is as simple as setting a register and reading/writing it. No trouble, see init.c for that and util.c for the bit of code that does the setup. See derivedVarsGenerator.c for the only place the paging stuff is used so far (calls to lookupPagedMainTable).

Done! ;-)

If you see any docs that are out of date with the state of the code, please let me know. Same goes for stuff that doesn't make sense straight off. If I need to be more explicit and clear, just say so and we can discuss how to improve the docs that are there.

Fred.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

Ah so much to comment about, but so little of the comments would be of worth. So I'll keep it short.

-- Yes I have several projects that I participate in regularly,
-- No I will not stop making progress with my version of the layout,
-- Yes I will continue to encourage others to make progress,
-- Sorry you feel bad, but my choice to waste time is my choice, and I don't think it's a waste of time,
-- Yes I'm happy you are bull headed and stubborn, gets stuff done,
-- No I'm not happy you occasionally attack other related projects, prevents stuff from getting done,
-- Yes I'm happy you got a release out there and I look forward to reading up on the code.
-- Sorry to hear about the crazy bastard, I'm sure that bastard took time away from your coding, if I got to meet that fellows I'd give him a swift boot to the groin for taking your valuable time.
-- Yes I'll be unhappy if you reply to the above, you have better things to do then to reply to this kind of stuff.

So now the part I won't mind if you reply too. As I read the source, I'll likely start making charts and other junk food like items to help me keep track of different things. If I do, I was thinking of creating these in a manner that could be added to the wiki. Is there a preferred program for making block diagrams? Something similar to Visio I suspect. I seem to recall OpenOffice had something, but was a pain to use. I've had luck with Dia in the past. Any preferred programs? I'll likely run Doxygen on it, to see what it looks like.
Fred

Post by Fred »

jharvey wrote:-- Yes I'll be unhappy if you reply to the above, you have better things to do then to reply to this kind of stuff.
Yeah, like go to bed! It's 2:30am and I'm getting up in 3 hours... Today has been a long long LONG day. No idea about the diagram tools. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Perhaps try a freemind mind map? There is an outdated one included.

Fred.

ps, I don't feel bad yet, but if/when I shake up the designs by pulling the rug out, maybe I will or maybe I won't. Provided you don't feel bad, neither will I.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I just ran the doxywizard and produced the html version of the doxygen files. I then zipped and uploaded them next to the SF copy of .16 flashgordon.

Now I guess it's time to see if I can figure out the ass bone from the mouth bone, although there is a good chance the foot bone might come in contact with the mouth bone, I'll try to avoid that.