Tuning Table Size VE and Advance POLL inside

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!

Load x RPM = size in bytes, which one?

16 x 29 = 1020
22%
17 x 27 = 1008
11%
18 x 25 = 988
No votes
19 x 24 = 1000
33%
20 x 23 = 1008
No votes
21 x 22 = 1012
33%

Total votes: 9

johnd
DIP8 - Involved

Re: Tuning Table Size VE and Advance POLL inside

Post by johnd »

I didn,t say the sensor reacted that quickly ,but the software controlling it can be set to a 30ms cycle ,most other you have to wait to see a result ,even using a good sensor--the gems as soon as you alter fuelling it happens .
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by SleepyKeys »

voted 1020

I'm in the "more the better" camp for the following reasons. Not that you cant get a respectable tune with smaller tables.

"Auto Tune" programs will have an easier time "normalizing" things. IMO make the computer do the most of the work. To me the only fun part is defining the AFR targets. Who cares if you or the computer made it reach those targets.

Easier to tune black holes as johnd stated. I have spent considerable time moving bins and shifting table values to tune out such "holes".
You snooze, you lose!
BenFenner
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by BenFenner »

I voted 21 x 22 (taking into account the need for rpm columns near idle), reason being it seems to straddle the extreme needs of both boost vs. rpm camps well enough without leaning one way or the other. Addition discussion was here:
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61926

An idea came to me. Does it have to be fixed, or could the user choose how many rows/columns they'd like while staying in the memory limit? Not sure how hard this would make coding. Don't want to make too much more work for anyone. I apologize if this question's been answered elsewhere.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I *tried* (and failed) to say that here : http://www.diyefi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3066#p3066

About half way down the last page. What that code snippet shows is a table that can be any size from the above list except the top one (sorry Sean) and any smaller size.

It was going to be too much hassle to make it fully variable from 1x512 to 512x1 and not a lot of point anyway, so most reasonable options are available instead.

It was Ben and Co. that inspired me to think of doing that (as mentioned in that post I linked).

What the discussions have shown if nothing else is that people have very varied needs for this. I have another trick up my sleeve though, and after we get it all up and running we will experiment with that and see what people think. I suspect it will be very popular and really take off, but this will more than do for the mean time.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!