XG BB Test-Team Assembly Thread

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
Fred

XG BB Test-Team Assembly Thread

Post by Fred »

Preparing for the 0.4.0 release WELL in advance (before 0.2.0 is out the door), this thread is to gather a test team to help Sean's work be of the absolute highest quality. Post here if you're not listed and meet the requirements and I'll add you to the list!

Requirements
  • XDP512 device (and power supply/comms) with 2kb serial monitor on it and able to load firmware
  • 16 to 38+ channels of logic analyser and matching software
The reason for the large desired/required channel count is that we'll be looking to test 36 output channels and 2 input channels in parallel. This is going to be more or less the maximal configuration for FreeEMS. This system will underpin the entire EMS and thus will require extremely thorough testing to meet the quality standards that we strive for in this project.

Confirmed
  • Sean0 1xCPU + 40ch la
  • Fred/me 2xCPU + 40ch la
  • Preston 2+xCPU + 32ch la
  • Spudmn/Aaron 2xCPU + 32ch la
  • ToxicGumboot 1xCPU + 32ch la
  • Preludelinux 1xCPU + 16ch la
  • Andy/Deuce 6xCPU + 32ch la
If you have one or more CPUs and want to get involved in testing this then please see this thread for an appropriate device:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1559 (85usd+p&p)

Also consider this:

http://www.saleae.com/logic16/ (300usd+p&p)

There are others too.

Sean and I will be leading this QC effort for 0.4.0 starting as soon as 0.3.0 is released. You can, if you want, help him with pre-merge testing before then, however please don't let it interfere with testing and QC of mainstream firmware and related tools which must be considered higher priority until 0.3.0 is completed and released.

Again, post here if you qualify and aren't listed, or are listed and don't want to be involved, or are listed and want to confirm, not otherwise.

Not really related to this thread, but close: If you're good with assembly programming then actual formal code reviews of Sean's work will be extremely desirable too. I'll be doing this myself personally, however the more eyes looking over it the better. Only when at least 6 people, including myself, sign it off as suitable for general use will 0.4.0 go out the door. If you'd like to be part of the team that makes sure we stay world class, this is the thread for you :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Peter
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: XG BB Test-Team Assembly Thread

Post by Peter »

My logic analyzer is only 8 Channels. I could probably afford to upgrade to more channels when it becomes necessary. I have two TA boards, but the one really isn't for testing.
:-p
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: XG BB Test-Team Assembly Thread

Post by DeuceEFI »

I have 6 MCU's on various boards in various stages of completion.
I currently have an 8 channel Saleae Logic Analyzer and have a 32 channel LA on its way.

EDIT 04/07/2012: My OpenBench Logic Sniffer arrived yesterday :-)