Analog averaging techniques

Official FreeEMS vanilla firmware development, the heart and soul of the system!
Fred

Re: Analog averaging techniques

Post by Fred »

which distro did you get? deb? ubuntu? or something worse?

if deb which packages? there are actually 3 you need :

newlib
gcc
binutils

Fred.

-------------------------------------- before your last post :

I can send you the exact eclipse I have in a tarball if you want? It's bigish, but I don't mind doing it. I need to drag it across from the old root partition to my new usb debian install anyway :-)

The plugins etc may not come with it, but i could probably send those too i guess.

All you need for eclipse is the c++ version, its 1/3 the size of the others anyway. My copy is full because i was doing other work with it too. It's just a glorified editor, but it is much nicer to develop in a proper ide than not. Once you go there you never go back.

Having said that, someone I know has vim setup AS a proper IDE, i have no idea how though.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Also, don't forget to get yourself a github account! :-)
EssEss
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by EssEss »

I've made a github account, 'EssEss'. I've installed debian - I have binutils/gcc/gdb installed for 68hc.

I've got this:

Code: Select all

sean@chernobyl:~/freeems-vanilla/src$ find /* -name string.h
/usr/include/string.h
/usr/include/linux/string.h
/usr/include/bits/string.h
sean@chernobyl:~/freeems-vanilla/src$
so, i then added '-isystem /usr/include' (just in case) and tada!:

################################################################################
#                                                                              #
#                  Thank you for building FreeEMS firmware!!!                  #
#                                                                              #
################################################################################
I'm pretty sure what I did was the wrong thing - it was just a hack to narrow down the problem. I'll go figure out the real solution - I suppose this has to do w/how gcc was built - is this any help?:

sean@chernobyl:~/freeems-vanilla/src$ m68hc11-gcc -print-search-dirs
install: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/
programs: =/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/:/usr/lib/gcc/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc/m68hc11/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/../../../../m68hc11/bin/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/../../../../m68hc11/bin/
libraries: =/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/../../../../m68hc11/lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68hc11/3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122/../../../../m68hc11/lib/
I installed newlib-source (thats all there was wrt newlib), but are you saying that I have to build it against the 68hc compiler ?
Everything I've installed is just the plain old packages as supplied by debian. nothing custom, I simply wanted to get something together and then learn how to customize it for my setup. I just don't know enough about gcc stuff and I've pretty much forgotton most everything I've ever learned about make.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Which debian did you get? Stable/Testing/Unstable ?

All should work, and the packages are definitely available in all of them.

Right now in unstable/sid they are called :

roadeee:~# ls -1 /var/cache/apt/archives/*m68hc1*
/var/cache/apt/archives/binutils-m68hc1x_1%3a2.18-3_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/gcc-m68hc1x_1%3a3.3.6+3.1+dfsg-3_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/newlib-m68hc1x_1.17.0-3_all.deb
the section after the / and beforer the _

I thought they used to start with the processor type however. Not sure.

For my EEE when I had xandros I hacked the unstable source packages and built them from scratch with full blown GCC, this worked perfectly too.

Fred.
sry_not4sale
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by sry_not4sale »

lol @ hostname Fred :lol2:
Owner / Builder: 1983 Mazda Cosmo 12at (1200cc 2-rotor turbo) coupe [SPASTK]
165hp @ 6psi standard - fastest production car in japan Oct 82
EssEss

Post by EssEss »

'stable' - and I just checked for newlib-m68hc1x again, it's not there, only 'newlib-source'. I guess I just move to unstable to come in line with what you have or point to what you're pointing to.

at the minimum, if I'm not going to fuss with this for a long time, I can just use the native gcc and make/test code against it (use the gdb simulator). I'm just getting frustrated since this is not my native environment. And it irritates me that this is still not a 'hands off' solution for you :) I'm going to figure out how to build this - it looks like I just specify target == 68hc, and go with the rest of the defaults ? then './configure; make all install info' ?

sorry to bug and pollute this thread - any further problems will get its own thread.
Fred

Post by Fred »

sry_not4sale wrote:lol @ hostname Fred :lol2:
Glad you appreciate that :-)

EssEss, I just checked (confident that I would prove you wrong) and sure enough, you are right :-/ I built the newlib package for an older stable incarnation (on my eee) from source, but the binary newlib is available for unstable and was available for stable too - I installed it. Unfortunately I didn't take a backup of my root partition of my atom 330 box, so I don't have it here :-(

Good news!

http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/newlib-m68hc1x

It doesn't require a specific version, so you can just grab that version from testing and use dpkg -i to install it, enjoy.

Don't worry about my hands off/on/etc and don't worry about the purity of the thread, the thread is not hard to split or replace and this is positive useful discussion! :-)

Fred.
EssEss

Post by EssEss »

ok - that was the last hurdle - ad me to the 'builded' list if there is one.. I'll start getting familiar with this all.

I see that gdb doesn't support a simulator for hc12 targets, so I'll have to go off and figure out something. If I were to turn over any code to you, I must make sure it's proven correct - and a simulator would be optimal (for me) for this particular chore. Otherwise I suppose I can fork over some dough for the board and automate it (something I'm not planning on doing just yet). I'll also see if I can dig up a generic hc12 dev board somewhere too - all I need is a serial port.

don't wait up for me if you get this done first, and I don't want you to wait for me :lol2:
Fred

Post by Fred »

http://www.diyefi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=514

Post away.

As for debug and simulation, I haven't used any so far. The only challenging thing is the real time stuff TBH, the rest is straight forward. Test via serial for firmware functions with a jimstim on the cards.

I won't wait, if I need it, I'll make it happen :-) I have a dev env for the road now, nothing holding me back.

Fred.