Dan's PNP RB25DET R33 Skyline ECU PCB

A home for new designs that are growing but haven't quite got their legs yet!
Dan
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Nissan R33 RB25DET ECU PCB

Post by Dan »

epic fail lol (that was the second one I linked wasn't it?)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Frequency to voltage converters with configurable range (via resistors or software, resistors will be quicker), and an ADC pin.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Dan

Post by Dan »

far out, great minds do think alike hey! Glad to know we are on the same wavelength (most times, lol)
Dan

Post by Dan »

VSS input to CPU via F/V IC added to schematics.

Alteration to power supply circuit will be done shortly (to support always on and key-switched on philosophies).

Annotating in the next 24-48hours and layout will commence :-)

Stay tuned!
Fred

Post by Fred »

F/V IC part pdf link?
Dan

Post by Dan »

And you call me lazy...... :-P

Link for you --> http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1599551.pdf
XR Pilot
TO220 - Visibile

Post by XR Pilot »

Having two RB-powered projects this thread is relevant to my interests!

As a second source for connectors, Online Components have them but currently out of stock until the end of the year -> http://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-conn ... p=10483115. I can also confirm that the pinout posted by Corbon is correct against the service manual and my own observations.

As confirmed, the fuel pump control just bypasses the resistor on all Nissan's I have worked on from R32-R34 era. I can't open your schematics on this PC (and you are probably all over it anyway) but the VSS is fed from the speedo cluster and will pull to ground. I believe (I'll need to check my notes) older Nissan's are the same. Tach is driven from 5V on later Nissans, battery voltage on earlier cars. If you have the room, if you make a provision for a jumper for this you'll have most Nissan's from early to late 1980's covered for RB engine swaps :) If possible (question for Fred) a configurable divisor for the tacho output in the firmware that will also cover 4-cylinder -> RB swaps.

As noted, the CAS is similar to SR20's but with a different pattern. I can also confirm that quad-cam VG30's use the same trigger pattern and basic ecu pinout as twin cam RB's, I'll try and find my notes but a few injector pins may be swapped but the rest is the same. Both the SR, CA, VG and RB use the same ECCS relay setup with the ecu being constantly powered. I can also confirm that the calibration data for the coolant temp sensor is the same between S13 CA18, R32, R33, VG30 etc. As stated in the R33 workshop manual the temp sensor measures 2.5k ohm at 20 deg C, 300 ohm at 80 deg C. The neutral switch pulls to ground when activated. Ditto the power steering idle up switch.

Now there are a couple of things to be aware of with R33's as they're a number of revisions. Series 1 uses an external ignitor, series 2 (or 1.5 depending on who you are asking) use coils with internal ignitors but to the best of my knowledge the ecu is the same internally. I am fairly certain that the AC request and FICD wiring changed between series 1 and 2, I'll check my notes later. Also of note that very late model R33's use a plastic CAS vs the earlier metal Hitachi or Mitsubishi units. These CAS use the same trigger pattern and the wiring at the ecu is the same but the pinout is reversed at the CAS connector - pin 1 and 4 are swapped as is 2 and 3. They also use a different CAS drive on the camshaft. It won't matter for the ecu design but important to note if anyone decides to build a bench test setup.

I hope this is useful info, if I can think of anything else I'll post it up.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Fucking lurkers... ;-)

Tacho output is completely configurable within the bounds of your input pattern. This may prove to be not good enough for the skybucket, in that case? Or may be OK if the regularity of pulses is irrelevant. Will be schedulable like an injector or ignition pulse later, so no panic. 5V ones are just a logic pulse and 12V require a coil kick back? Or what?

Very useful. Stop hiding :-p

Fred.
Dan

Post by Dan »

XR Pilot - Thank you very much for the feedback and for coming out of hiding :-)
Dan

Post by Dan »

Added jumpers to allow for both key-switched-on and always-on modes of operation.

Added jumper for tacho voltage output selection.

ANNOTATED schematics!

PCB layout has begun!

Hell Fire - please post your dimension measurements for comparison, as I would like to cross check my measurements with yours before I order these PCB's.