Jaguar 0.6-alpha Assembly Guide

Andy's GM DIS centric hardware design! Also works as a fuel controller for EDIS and distributor applications.
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Jaguar 0.6-alpha Assembly Guide

Post by DeuceEFI »

The circuit works the same with the 1 ohm 10 watt resistor or without the resistor between the 12v battery and the TPS-5v output. I only snapped the one (blurry iPhone auto focus failure) photo during my tests of the over-voltage clamp circuit.
E4ODnut
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by E4ODnut »

Andy,
I think I'm ready to install the serial monitor program, whatever that is. Problem is the BDM you sent me has a 6 conductor flat ribbon cable instead of the double header pins as shown in the photo. What should I do to make it work.

Also, I'm not clear on the process after it is connected. I have the hack down loaded, but then what?

I also have Fred's bench test firmware downloaded but am not clear as to the steps in loading it on to Jaguar
Robert
1995 Ford E150, 300 CID I6, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1992 Winnebago 33 RQ, Ford 460 CID V8, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1993 Bayliner 3288, Twin Ford 351 CID Windsors, Converted to tuned port programmable EFI, Custom MS1-Extra
Fred

Post by Fred »

^ Solved, in person! :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
E4ODnut
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by E4ODnut »

I'm afraid I'm going to need some more details on how to get the serial monitor software installed.

I installed the 6 pin header on Jaguar, plugged in the DBM and connected it to my PC, which in turn looked for driver software to install, without success. Next step?
Robert
1995 Ford E150, 300 CID I6, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1992 Winnebago 33 RQ, Ford 460 CID V8, Custom MS1-Extra, Custom semi-auto E4OD trans controller
1993 Bayliner 3288, Twin Ford 351 CID Windsors, Converted to tuned port programmable EFI, Custom MS1-Extra
Fred

Post by Fred »

"my PC" = Windows? I can not help you, if so. I've used it extensively on Linux, but never once on Windows.
E4ODnut
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by E4ODnut »

Well, I guess that brings everything to a screeching halt.
Robert
Fred

Post by Fred »

This is Peter
On my windows machine I have a program from freescale specifically for loading the SM.
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... _Tools_Tab
On this page under the Hardware Development Tools - Programmers there's a link called BDMPGMRDP256FW, and I think it's the right one but I don't have windows box here to verify it. So you might have to download a few other packages to find the right one. If it is the right one you'll want to use the verify option and load it as many times as it takes to get a successful load, because I had an extra byte on one of my SMs.
pishta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by pishta »

On another note, is pure rosin flux safe to keep on your boards? It says its "completely non corrosive and safe for use on all electronic applications". Looks and feels like tree sap, like...'cause it is? And PLEASE tell me the smaller dot in the lower left corner of the chip (as compared to the nomenclature writing) denotes pin 1? So the chip reads correct when all the other horizontal script on the board is upside down? please please please!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
pishta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by pishta »

Fred wrote:This is Peter
On my windows machine I have a program from freescale specifically for loading the SM.
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... _Tools_Tab
On this page under the Hardware Development Tools - Programmers there's a link called BDMPGMRDP256FW, and I think it's the right one but I don't have windows box here to verify it. So you might have to download a few other packages to find the right one. If it is the right one you'll want to use the verify option and load it as many times as it takes to get a successful load, because I had an extra byte on one of my SMs.
Nope, thats just the firmware package. I believe we need the Win driver for the USBDM so we can communicate with it...its a windows thing...;-(
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes, the small dot denotes the positioning, and IIRC the text IS upside down. Andy needs a FAQ for that, or perhaps a new footprint too, to reduce confusion?

As for the flux: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1952

Alcohol is your friend, one way, or another :-D

Fred.