How to Assemble a Jaguar Board

Andy's GM DIS centric hardware design! Also works as a fuel controller for EDIS and distributor applications.
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

How to Assemble a Jaguar Board

Post by DeuceEFI »

Jaguar assembly documentation can be found at the following repository: https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar-Assembly-Manual

Or viewed with your browser at: http://deuceefi.github.com/Jaguar-Assembly-Manual/

--------
EDIT: This was the orginal first posting:
Gotcha! :lol2:

But seriously, this is where we will discuss my document on how to take a Jaguar PCB and install the components on it.

I just started this document (docs/Jaguar-Assembly-Manual.odt) so it isn't in my github repository yet... But it will be soon so we can critique it collectively :ugeek:

I have left notes throughout my schematics, the BOM (docs/Jaguar.ods) and the README.md file that should help get this document started or allow someone to get the idea of where to start.

Keep checking back, I have been formulating this project for well over 2 years in my head and as my other posts have shown I'm ready to share and welcome feedback. :-)
[Edited on 10/20/2012 by DeuceEFI to add the gh-pages website that has the compiled HTML available for online viewing]
Last edited by DeuceEFI on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fred

Re: How to Assemble a Jaguar Board

Post by Fred »

Damn lurkers! :-p

A few things:

Consider using Jammi's markdown engine as Preston has to generate the puma spin 1 howto. If you've not seen it, take a look now, it's pretty damn good!

http://puma.freeems.org/how.to.guide/spin1/

Also consider Latex over ODT for more serious documents (as opposed to web stuff). ODT, as I've found, looks distinctly amateur after using Latex.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definately look into using MarkDown and LaTeX, they look cool and I don't mind learning new software :-)
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Jaguar now has documentation :-)

Many thanks to Preston, Fred and Jammi for their work on the Puma-HowTo as I have used that as the template for my own documentation as it looks GREAT!!!

Download your own copy from my repository at:
https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar-Assembly-Manual

This is a work in progress and any comments are welcome :-)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Cool! :-)

Only a few comments, which you can ignore for now, and also, lol @ "thru", Americans... :-)

LOTS of duplication. Presto's one suffered a lot from that too, however now it's taken on a new scale. Thanks for illustrating it and making it obvious, because it wasn't before.

Intro page per project, actual instructions per project, but the stuff at the end and the stuff before the instructions at the beginning should be a common set of docs with only one copy maintained independently. Also, the howto and the howto generator should be split up to facilitate having only one copy of it to maintain and X separate git checkouts with the actual content by way of images, md files, styles, and let the script generate the html version completely for whatever it's told to do. I'll get Jammi onto that when he's next free.

you could probably do with a more from scratch approach to the intro too, though 10/10 for adaptation points :-) the structure of that text was done that way due to the nature of the puma project, ie a bit of a disaster and unprofessional, as such it's probably not ideal to use the same style, including the wild thank yous in bold :-) though you can do what you like.

good to see some thorough instructions right off the bat! :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Documentation updates have been commited/pushed to my repository as of now.
I am awaiting a quote for a Jaguar Revision A3 board to be manufactured, once I have received one of these I will update the documentation with detailed photos of the assembly process.
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Now that the A3 PCBs have arrived, I will update the documentation with actual pictures as I build the first one for the Deuce Coupe project: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1278