Project JAGuar for FreeEMS

Andy's GM DIS centric hardware design! Also works as a fuel controller for EDIS and distributor applications.
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: Project JAGuar for FreeEMS

Post by DeuceEFI »

Fred wrote:
DeuceEFI wrote:That brings me to my next question, how do I go about configuring the firmware for the outputs? I need PT2 to be the ignition advance, PT3 to be high only when RPM is above 300 RPM. PT4, 5 and 6 will be for 3 pairs of injectors.
PT3 will require some custom code, I'll put an issue up for it now. PT2 will require 6 entries on the same pin. PT456 will require your choice of 3 scheds or 3 hard codes. Hold off, though, I'm about to restructure that part of the code quite heavily. Once I've done that, I'll set it up for you.

http://issues.freeems.org/view.php?id=524
:-) I will gladly wait, just let me know if you need anything from me.

That will give me time to verify comms on my prototype board, which I should be able to drill out tomorrow for the power supply, USB and BDM circuits. I will post a new thread for the comms build and testing so everyone can follow along. 8-)
Fred wrote:Maybe you could document using the BDM on linux if you can figure out how. I didn't yet.
I haven't been able to get it to work properly in linux YET, so I have to boot into WinXP or Win7 to get my TBDML to work properly.
Could you please write a thread on how you got it working in Windows? Or is there a good doc page you can link to for us less enlightened folks? I have one and haven't used it and Preston has one arriving and needs to use it too. I'll do it in a Win VM if I have to :-)
Sure thing, I will start a thread for a bare metal turn-up of our CPU (for the Serial Monitor), plus I have a procedure I can post on how to use the PE-Micro Unsecure-12 script in case someone gets the CPU in a secured state and it becomes unresponsive and Hi-Wave's (part of the FREE Codewarrior for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers download from Freescale) flash utility won't flash the SM... Nothing like bricking a 2 hour old TA board to send one hoping Google has found a solution for that... LOL

I even have a How-To on creating a FreeEMS dual boot (Debian/Win7) workstation including all the software that needs to be loaded, which I just created a github repository for it... It isn't beautiful, but has most of the technical steps, it is a work in progress... :-)

All the details will be in my documentation as well, that way it will be in the repository with the schematics and PCB files so the user doesn't have to track it all down. :-)

p.s. check my github account (https://github.com/DeuceEFI) for a new repository with the GPL TBDML files and helpful links, I will post more detailed information shortly. :-)
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

Documentation is now available in my github.com repository :-)
DeuceEFI

Post by DeuceEFI »

I have updated my schematics and board layout for using the Avago HCPL-061a optocouplers for the USB isolation.

I have also updated my PDF files of the schematics, PCB and Silk Screens on my github.com repository. :-)