View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
noname build 
Author Message
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa
my car
1986 ford f-150 inline 6 that i will convert from feedback carb to efi.

it provides primative camshaft sensor, that i will use at first and then switch to tooth wheel on crankshaft.
there are 6 vanes on the camshaft sensor wheel. one of them is skinny. every 3rd i will fire the injectors.
the signal is up -------- then down.
on the skinny vane the down is faster than the up.

ignition will be at failsafe of 10btdc and then i will modify a separate test rig to improve this the way the 1985 ecu does it currently.


So my build will be simple to start with. It will be an exact copy of jaguar using prototyping boards.

I plan on having a seperate prototyping board for the input wiring and the voltage clamps and voltage dividers.
I also plan on having a separate prototyping board for the output wiring, the mosfet that go to the injectors.

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob ... s?raw=true

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob ... f?raw=true

these are the circuit schematics and circuit parts I will use. taken directly from jaguar github.

I will test the injectors to see if the flow matches within 10%, and if one is broken i will clean completely and if that fails i will buy new injector(s?)

tldr, making my own jaguar type ecu, with a simple camshaft based sensor until upgrading to toothed wheel crankshaft.


Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 am
Profile
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa
Please everyone! do not take too much time to write it!

I already have my TA card, and hope to test it shortly with my new usb/serial port converter.

i run winxp/ubuntu/win8 so i will have plenty of platforms to test with.

( I plan to document everything, as if I was being paid on documentation)


Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:35 am
Profile
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 413
Location: Baton Rouge, LA. USA
Hey, this is mostly for my curiosity: Which serial converter did you buy to work with the TA card? Some are better than others, though most work fine. Did you already test it out in one of your OS builds and is it using default drivers? Can you also mention the revision of your TA board (which is printed in white somewhere on the face of it)? Also, perhaps I missed something, but where did you source the injectors from and what brand are they?

You're at an exciting stage. It gets better and better from here.


-Jeff

_________________
FreeEMS vehicle #23: 2003 Toyota "Toxic" Tacoma
Build page: http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1635)


Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:49 am
Profile
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 561
Location: Gosport, IN USA
You should use the following links as they are more up-to date with the Jaguar current version (0.7-alpha):

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob/0.7-alpha/docs/Jaguar-0.7-alpha-Schematic.pdf

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob/0.7-alpha/docs/Jaguar-0.7-alpha.ods

Cheers,

_________________
Andy.
FreeEMS vehicle #11, 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe with a 1996 GM 3.1L SFI V6 with DIS ignition
FreeEMS vehicle #16, 1996 Chevrolet S10 2.2L SFI I4 with DIS ignition
http://www.coolefi.com


Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa
ToxicGumbo wrote:
Hey, this is mostly for my curiosity: Which serial converter did you buy to work with the TA card? Some are better than others, though most work fine. Did you already test it out in one of your OS builds and is it using default drivers? Can you also mention the revision of your TA board (which is printed in white somewhere on the face of it)? Also, perhaps I missed something, but where did you source the injectors from and what brand are they?

You're at an exciting stage. It gets better and better from here.


-Jeff


http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Seri ... B004ZMYTYC
StarTech.com 1 Port FTDI USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with COM Retention ICUSB2321F (Black)


http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-10-F ... B000A7NROO
StarTech.com 10-Feet Straight Through Serial Cable - M/F (MXT10010)


TA BOARD? have not opened it since it arrived in january..... i better take pictures outside in the sunlight and make sure it is the actually correct product. I don't know if the return period counts from when I open the package or not, hopefully I wont need to ask them that question. But better be safe than sorry.

as for injectors..... I believe they are the stock ones that come with a 1993 Ford E-150 van 4.9L 300 cu 6 cylinder. (ford made an efi version of the 4.9L 300 cu 6 cylinder) I bought the entire intake/ injectors/ throttle valve from a guy on ebay for 185 shipped in april 2013.


Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:28 am
Profile
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa
DeuceEFI wrote:
You should use the following links as they are more up-to date with the Jaguar current version (0.7-alpha):

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob/0.7-alpha/docs/Jaguar-0.7-alpha-Schematic.pdf

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob/0.7-alpha/docs/Jaguar-0.7-alpha.ods

Cheers,



I pretty much figured that there would be continuous improvements to the jaguar build, but i never imagined an entirely new version was created! This is why I made this thread LOL thanks very much and schematics look really good!

thanks muchly


Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:30 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 14599
Location: Home sweet home!
nicholasjanssen wrote:
it provides primative camshaft sensor, that i will use at first and then switch to tooth wheel on crankshaft.
there are 6 vanes on the camshaft sensor wheel. one of them is skinny. every 3rd i will fire the injectors.
the signal is up -------- then down.
on the skinny vane the down is faster than the up.

ignition will be at failsafe of 10btdc and then i will modify a separate test rig to improve this the way the 1985 ecu does it currently.

Unfortunately you can't use that with FreeEMS at this time, and possibly ever. So you'll have to rethink your cam/crank scheme. I'd recommend a 36-1 wheel on the crank for simplicity.

Quote:
So my build will be simple to start with. It will be an exact copy of jaguar using prototyping boards.

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob ... s?raw=true

https://github.com/DeuceEFI/Jaguar/blob ... f?raw=true

these are the circuit schematics and circuit parts I will use. taken directly from jaguar github.

I've edited the above quote to reflect another good place to take content from: The dev branch. While the 0.7 links Andy gave are perfect right now, they won't reflect future enhancements if someone else stumbles upon the links in this thread.

Thanks to Jeff and Andy for popping in and helping out.

Fred.

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 am
Profile WWW
TO92 - Vaguely active

Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm
Posts: 2
Of interest:
http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=469


Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:18 am
Profile
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa



this is very much of interest! amazing find. It very much confirms the research I have already done on the distributor output signal.


thanks. I see they have had some failures so far, which i suspect is from their simulation and lack of real code.

my plan initially is to have rpm and sync using small vane from distributor sensor...... then after engine is running I can move on to setting an output exactly ------------X(dependant on current rpm) microseconds after _____________ event.

I dont care if I have to buy/build a second TAcard ecu to control the precise ignition timing. I will do it and code it myself. I will prototype first and simulate with fake output on real engine. Once simulation on real engine works flawlessly and logs ( from 3rd TA card if i have to) work good, then I will impliment the simulation ( on 2nd TA card) into real engine.

first step is to get the engine running with failsafe 10 degrees timing. (yes I know this will hurt performance/oxygen readings at higher rpm but I must /will fix engine to be functional)

if a 1986 ford ecu can precisely control ignition timings, so can I.


Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:34 am
Profile
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 44
Location: louisiana usa
Fred wrote:
nicholasjanssen wrote:
it provides primative camshaft sensor, that i will use at first and then switch to tooth wheel on crankshaft.
there are 6 vanes on the camshaft sensor wheel. one of them is skinny. every 3rd i will fire the injectors.
the signal is up -------- then down.
on the skinny vane the down is faster than the up.

ignition will be at failsafe of 10btdc and then i will modify a separate test rig to improve this the way the 1985 ecu does it currently.

Unfortunately you can't use that with FreeEMS at this time, and possibly ever. So you'll have to rethink your cam/crank scheme. I'd recommend a 36-1 wheel on the crank for simplicity.

Fred.


sad news..


Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF. ColorizeIt.