uROEFI

All home-built FreeEMS implementations without a forum of their own, usually TA-based.
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Re: uROEFI

Post by m3ltd0wn »

that is out of the question, I've tested a +12v old hall sensor and it worked with +5v too, so I eliminated the voltage selection for hall sensor from my schematics :D
It will be fed with +5v from ecu.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You've missed the point, you're likely supposed to feed it 12V, which is fine, but even if you do, you don't need a 12V feed for it from the ECU. Feeding it 5V is likely harmless but pointless. It could even induce noise on your 5V rail for nothing.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Post by m3ltd0wn »

Yes I know, that is why I've deleted the +12v feed from ecu to HALL :), only the +5V to HALL will remain. In case the engine loom doesn't have a feed to HALL, I will simply feed it from +5v rail.

Best regards!
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Post by m3ltd0wn »

finished the annotation of the schematics, and I've been taking measures of BOSCH ECU PCBs, so far I have motronic mp5.2 laying around here and a VAG SIMOS module.
will be back with pictures when I will populate the PCB.
superlen
DIP8 - Involved

Post by superlen »

I understand where you're coming from in trying to start with what you're comfortable with, but if your ultimate goal is to have the XDP512....START WITH IT!!! You will save time in the long run. Maybe think about doing it backwards. Start with the latest/greatest and if for some reason you stall out, then fall back on what you know.

Len
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Post by m3ltd0wn »

That is what i'm doing, I've listened to all the constructive advice from Fred, and I will do so in the future.
I'm making the mainboard modular, so I can swap cpu boards when I can, and test new things, plus this is mainly for rally and drag racing, if something breaks on the field I rather replace a part than spend time debugging with a laptop :D.

best regards,

Vladimir
russian
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by russian »

m3ltd0wn wrote:a few pictures with the IGBT module, up to 6 cylinder wasted COP, has the VR sensor input circuit based on LM1815(in case it is needed), this was the first revision, it needs larger traces from IGBTs to the COPs, and other fuse socket.
Looks like you are using KiCad? Have you shared your board files anywhere by any chance?
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Post by m3ltd0wn »

no, not yet, I was busy at work and didn't have time to work on the board anymore :(
when I have some time I will resume work and also change a few thing here and there.

Best regards,
Vladimir
m3ltd0wn
DIP8 - Involved

Post by m3ltd0wn »

Hello (back from the dead :)) )

I've attached the kicad schema for the IGBT module (it is made to work with megasquirt 1 but i think it can be adapted).

Back to work ... much to do to our drag racing car, I'll be back! :D
Attachments
vr_igbt_tacho.pdf
(62.45 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times