V3.X firmware for ms2 - differences

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Re: V3.X firmware for ms2 - differences

Post by jharvey »

I haven't figured out where to post it yet. I know one fellow is building a proto to test and make sure it work ect. I know a number of places where I can post more about it, but haven't decided where to post it. Once I know the theories work or at least mostly work, I'll post it. I expect that in less than a month.

MS not being open, what do you mean, after all everyone can read it. Or so they claim. Everyone except me apparently. They banned me years ago. Bruce told me he would provide with with any documents that where open if I requested them, however the list of open documents isn't something I can request.

Hey what do you know, I finally have regained access to the mega-manual. I haven't been to their page for years, and if I'm not welcome, I'm not going to bust down the door trying.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Late breaking news for you maybe, but MS3 code and schematics are not available at all, yet.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
spencer
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by spencer »

OK, so after looking at my options and scouring the MS3 forum. It looks like this has been addressed in the MS3 code and it will do staging as I want, and with the expansion do it full sequential. Still who knows when I can buy one!

Would be nice to be able to use my MS2, but it seems I would need to have a go at the code myself which is way above me at this stage.