Subaru EJ25 Plug-n-Play Megasquirt Project

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
thebigmacd
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Subaru EJ25 Plug-n-Play Megasquirt Project

Post by thebigmacd »

I know I'm going crazy with all the posting on various forums, but I'd like to get the word out that the MS2 6/7 code works well and we've made a plug-and-play ECU for the Subaru 94-pin setup on late-90s EJ25s. A DIY-EFI related equivalent may be fun ;)

http://msruns.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=22937
Keith MacDonald
Control Engineering (Systems) Technologist
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Re: Subaru EJ25 Plug-n-Play Megasquirt Project

Post by jharvey »

Nice, if I didn't already have the utec in my suby, I might be interested in trying it out. Do you have a schematic for that board you prototyped off to the side?

Good luck with the regulator.
thebigmacd

Post by thebigmacd »

jharvey wrote:Nice, if I didn't already have the utec in my suby, I might be interested in trying it out. Do you have a schematic for that board you prototyped off to the side?

Good luck with the regulator.
Our circuit designs are currently all over the place...on the whiteboard, on graph paper, in KiCad etc. We hope to compile all of the info into a website.
Keith MacDonald
GartnerProspect

Post by GartnerProspect »

Hey that's pretty slick!

I have a Subaru I'm probably going to do something real similar with now that the MS2 code works.

That ECU looks about the same as my 97/98 2.2 Impreza's, so I'm assuming this is a MAF based engine? I thought they changed the ECU when they went speed density.

I'm very interested in the details if it's a MAF arrangement. I was thinking I'd like to keep the ability to swap back to my stock ECU in a pinch while I'm playing with various ideas and expanding beyond MS.
thebigmacd

Post by thebigmacd »

GartnerProspect wrote:Hey that's pretty slick!

I have a Subaru I'm probably going to do something real similar with now that the MS2 code works.

That ECU looks about the same as my 97/98 2.2 Impreza's, so I'm assuming this is a MAF based engine? I thought they changed the ECU when they went speed density.

I'm very interested in the details if it's a MAF arrangement. I was thinking I'd like to keep the ability to swap back to my stock ECU in a pinch while I'm playing with various ideas and expanding beyond MS.
We are just ignoring the MAF and ran a MAP line. There is also no IAT sensor on these cars so we ran an extra wire out of the MS and added a GM IAT to the airbox.
Keith MacDonald