MS Extra

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

MS Extra

Post by longracing »

I was hoping to modify my ECU and try out the MS 2 Extra code but not sure what's happening with the forum and support ( hope it doesn't have anything to do with MS 3 becoming available). It was down the other day and is condensed to one temporary forum now. :(

I want to try the code so I can have DFI on my new engine and possibly semi-sequential injection to improve the idle & economy. I have managed to find the alpha, beta & release files but it's not looking good for the future...
(bring on on FreeEMS.)
jbelanger
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Re: MS Extra

Post by jbelanger »

I think you're reading too much into this. It's just that the forum is down due to a broken data base and bad backups. Use the temporary forum on ms3efi until they get the msextra forum back up.

Jean
Fred

Post by Fred »

He might be, but bring on FreeEMS anyway! :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
longracing
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by longracing »

I was mainly having a bit of a stir ;)

I do hope to have a go of it with the 36-1 encoder wheel and get DFI working.
The alpha code with 4 fuel channels has me interested because at the moment starting, idling & light throttle isn't the best. Mostly due to having a big single plain manifold on a mild v8, the semi-sequential would help improve that I think. As a "precaution" :lol: I've also started building another engine with a stroker-crank (will improve bottom end torque, effficiency & intake runner velocities) as well as heads and cam that better match the EFI manifold & throttlebody.

Should be good for testing a FreeEMS ECU on??
jbelanger
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by jbelanger »

Yeah, semi-sequential should help low RPM/load areas and transitions to make a much nicer behaving engine. I wasn't sure semi-sequential was going to be that beneficial compared to sequential but from what has been reported, it has a noticeable effect.

If you time the injection to end just as the intake valve starts to open, you have both injection pulses happening on a closed valve for the largest pulse width range. And that (injecting on a closed valve) seems to be the best strategy to get the best engine response.

Jean