Using MS2 stepper chip to drive VANOS Valve and 3 wire IACV

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
GrowlingandBiffo
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: Using MS2 stepper chip to drive VANOS Valve and 3 wire IACV

Post by GrowlingandBiffo »

Only the good stuff is banned...
davebmw
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by davebmw »

He! He! thanks guys it looks like i'm in good company on this forum, there is no need to delete any posts it shows that we are all like minded EFI enthusiasts. I posted for info and if anyone had any questions I would be more than happy to help out. After all this is a co-operative effort. :)

This whole thing reminds me of the computer race of the 1980's where you had die hard C64 geeks secretly jealous of the Amiga dudes.
I'm just i'm over here with the dudes! 8-)
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
jharvey
1N4001 - Signed up

Post by jharvey »

I'll try to stop the hijacking, I'll PM you about it. The basic overview is that I'm happy with JimStim and DIYAutotune, but I'm unhappy with MSEFI forum admin. Any how more in PM. Let this go back to chit chat about the IACV and such.
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Good call!
ok so i was thinking that a similar idea could be used in FreeEMS a bipolar stepper driver IC that could be reconfigured in software should the user want to use a 2/3 wire PWM valve or a 2 phase bipolar stepper IACV. this would minimise the components and therefore cost required to effectively use OEM style Idle speed control and warmup.

Sorry Fred i know this is off the MS topic a bit ;) but it would be something i'd look at in producing a FreeEMS power PCB for my own needs.
93'BMW 325is M50B25TU, Rebuilt 06/06, JE10.5:1, polish&port. Scorpion BB, K&N CAI, TEJ21 WBO2, '07 M3 Evo 18" 225F, 255R, EBC Kevlar, Bilstien Sprint, Polyflex. Head rebuild Oct'08, OEM+FSE FPR, MS2v3.0_DJB Custom, Extra 2.0.1
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sure, the whole point of FreeEMS is that anyone can build their own PCB and mod the code the way they want it. I'll just keep a main reliable stable branch ticking along and merge in features and code from others as it pops up. I'm planning a restructure of the forum a bit in the medium future and it will be done with that in mind. Before all the fancy stuff though, we need to get out a basic setup that will run peoples engines in a basic way. That will draw in more talent and make it snow ball :-) Snow ball is the end goal I guess, give the car world something great to enjoy at no cost.

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
davebmw

Post by davebmw »

Fred you are an inspiration to motorheads all over, good on you fella!
AbeFM
Post Whore!

Post by AbeFM »

Haha - yeah, I was in the secretly jealous camp for a while, but it worked out well when I could buy a used amiga cheap. My first AGA machine was like a dream come true.

The VANOS system is digital, is it not? I'm making my own thread, I guess, for something similar for a PWM VVT discussion, then.
Fred

Post by Fred »

early vanos is on/off and late is pwm IIRC
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!