1-2-Spark and 1-2-Squirt...

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Re: 1-2-Spark and 1-2-Squirt...

Post by LPGo »

ToxicGumbo wrote:I'm definitely interested, but was under the impression that you were planning to update this thread like a build journal.

-Jeff

Well for the injection part you are right, but the ignition part is finished (well it is never finished) last year... and running in more then 30 cars... (if you guys are calling a 602CC engined vehicle a car :D :D :D :D )
Fred

Post by Fred »

LPGo wrote:Still no response here.. I think I am at the wrong forum here :?: :?:

I thought I'm doing all the stuff you want to here about??? :cry: :cry: ..
You made it quite clear that you weren't planning to release the code. At that point it couldn't be less interesting to me. Sorry. I'm keeping an eye on it as I keep an eye on every thread on this forum.
LPGo wrote:Making a free programmable ignition en injection also called an ECU from scratch as a hobby... :ugeek: :ugeek:
Free as in gratis isn't very useful. Free as in libre is very useful. Be clear about what this is, and isn't, and it can live in the right place, and get the attention it deserves, or not.
LPGo wrote:Now why should I post my source-code, hardware, eagle files etc here when nobody is interested.... :o :o
You've got it all completely wrong. You post the source first, under an appropriate license, then the people come, maybe. You don't tell them "I've got this code on my PC that I'm not sharing, it's very interesting, if you're excited enough I might let you see it". This does not work. At all.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

Fred wrote: You made it quite clear that you weren't planning to release the code. At that point it couldn't be less interesting to me. Sorry. I'm keeping an eye on it as I keep an eye on every thread on this forum.
Now why are you so keen on my code, it is probably written in a language your not familair with, programming a microcontroller you don't want to use either.. In my opinion; how I have solved the problems which are involved is far more interesting / important then a piece of code you can't use anyway...

Fred wrote:
Free as in gratis isn't very useful. Free as in libre is very useful. Be clear about what this is, and isn't, and it can live in the right place, and get the attention it deserves, or not.
With free I mean that you can adjust all neccecary parameters (by the free software by laptop) to get the most hp/torque out of your engine, nothing more nothing less...
Again you can have my tuning software for free, but whats the use to you...

in fact follow this link, get registered and you will see about 79 forum pages all about my ignition 1-2-spark including software..
http://www.international2cvfriends.com/ ... f=7&t=3003

or all about my injection 1-2-squirt:
http://www.international2cvfriends.com/ ... f=7&t=5509

Fred wrote:
You don't tell them "I've got this code on my PC that I'm not sharing, it's very interesting, if you're excited enough I might let you see it". This does not work. At all.
This is the only way it would work for me... sorry...
Fred

Post by Fred »

Then don't expect much attention ;-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

Fred wrote:Then don't expect much attention ;-)
Got it..
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by DeuceEFI »

What kind of responses did you expect, LPGo?

I've read your posts, but there doesn't seem to be anything interesting or otherwise informative to me. I'll continue to read your posts as my spare time allows; but honestly, until you share more information about what you are doing, it will be more of a passing interest...

It is good that you are making progress and I don't want to discourage you, but you already posted you don't want to hear any ideas about how to make your ECU/EMS better (especially about a better crank wheel with more teeth for better resolution). Since this is a large DIY community you are missing out on a wealth of knowledge by keeping everything so secretive, but to each his own.

So keep posting your progress, or not and I'll keep reading, or not...

Cheers,
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

On we go..

Last evening and this evening I made a real prototype.. I transformed a 1-2-spark ignitionbox into a 1-2-squirt injectionbox, so now I only need to attach a Megasquirt connector to it and then I can put it into my car.. Megasquirt out 1-2-squirt in...
( I run the Megaquirt fuel only, it is triggered by my ignition),

So what do I have already..

2 injectordrivers (at the moment without pwm) but pwm should be possible too..
Map sensor 0 to 1.5 bar of boost
IAT temp
CLT temp
Shiftlight (or output for something more useful) fan or something
Petrol pump driver (same as my ignition; 8 seconds of pumping or when the engine rotates till 2 seconds after engine dies)
3 times VE table-switch

the injection chip will be triggered by 5 volt which comes from my (1-2-spark) ignition
So if it runs I have a real stand alone motormanagemant 8-) 8-) 8-)

I think this is al I need for a start... I don't have a tps-sensor at the moment. My car is running at LPG. I don't feel the need for a tps-sensor right now...

So maybe this weekend I'm going to test it.. Fingers crossed..
proto1.jpg
This is going to run this...
onder de motorkap.jpg
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

DeuceEFI wrote:What kind of responses did you expect, LPGo?

I've read your posts, but there doesn't seem to be anything interesting or otherwise informative to me. I'll continue to read your posts as my spare time allows; but honestly, until you share more information about what you are doing, it will be more of a passing interest...

It is good that you are making progress and I don't want to discourage you, but you already posted you don't want to hear any ideas about how to make your ECU/EMS better (especially about a better crank wheel with more teeth for better resolution). Since this is a large DIY community you are missing out on a wealth of knowledge by keeping everything so secretive, but to each his own.

So keep posting your progress, or not and I'll keep reading, or not...

Cheers,
I have had a whole discusion about only using 1 tooth, now here is my opinion...
I'm firing a 2 cilinder 4 stroke engine (as my main goal), which means theres only 1 spark event per revelution. So only the 45 degrees btdc to 8 degrees btdc needs to be accurate all other degrees are unimportant to me...

Now Citroen made a analog electronic ignition back in the 70ties... (it was the first (electronic) ignition in a production car without any moving parts). They used also used only 1 tooth at 45 degrees b.t.d.c. and now I am doing the same.. Believe me for a 2 cilinder it is spot on. It is far better then the regular (professional) electronic ignitions made for the 2cv...

Now what does a regular 36-1 tooth chip do... It measures lets say 5 or ten times per revelution (6000rpm) where the crankshaft is at the moment and does then its calculations.. Then a lag factor goes on top of this, now tell me how accurate is this????
It is so wrong that the software even has a prediction build in otherwise the ignition would be to far of...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now my chip calculates the rpm and advance each time the sensor passes the pickup so every single revelution. At normal running rpm's the ignition comes at 36 degrees so within 9 degrees of my tooth... I use no lagfactor so in fact my ignition is so spot on up till now I don't even feel the need the program a prediction..... I dear to say my ignition is within 0.5 degrees accuracy of the crankshaft...

Again, I only need 1 spark per revelution, making more Sparks, 4 , 6, 8 cilinders my ignition would be to far off when revving, or deccelerting the engine, (however I have 2 four-cilinder engines running and it isn't to bad in practice)...

So believe me or not (whatever) I don't need a multitoothed wheel, end of discusion..
LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

Here are 2 video's a 1-2-spark user has made, the upper video is a profesional available elctronic igniton for the 2cv..

The lower video is made using 1-2-spark...
1-2-Spark user and forum member djr82 has done a little stroboscobe test between 1-2-Spark and 123....

I like the videos very much so I want to show them to you...

I know 1-2-spark is good, but not this good......... It is rock steady.......

I'm impressed myself 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Video of 123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGdAVPp1Ouw

Video of 1-2-Spark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdiRPMGlImc

p.s. 1-2-spark is tuned to 8 degrees and 29 degrees...

I reelly don't know what is happening here (at iddle) with 123 but this is the diffrence between the sensors at the camshaft (123) and the sensor at the crankcase.. (1-2-Spark)

LPGo
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by LPGo »

Yes my car runs on my selfmade injection and ignition....Cool..

Must go on now details will follow....

JOEHOE

8-) x1000

Geo