Can anyone suggest a WB02 controller with LSU4.9 and canbus?

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
MWP
TO220 - Visibile

Can anyone suggest a WB02 controller with LSU4.9 and canbus?

Post by MWP »

Im new here, please let me know if this is not the correct place to ask.

Can anyone suggest a decent WB02 controller that supports LSU4.9, and has canbus coms?
I can drop back to a linear analog output if there is no good option.

At the moment im using a LC-1 with my MS3+TinyIOx ECU (the TinyIOx does LC1 serial -> canbus).
The LC1 is burning through LSU4.2's too quickly for my liking.

Thanks in advance.
bmotorsports
TO220 - Visibile

Re: Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Post by bmotorsports »

MWP wrote:Im new here, please let me know if this is not the correct place to ask.

Can anyone suggest a decent WB02 controller that supports LSU4.9, and has canbus coms?
I can drop back to a linear analog output if there is no good option.

At the moment im using a LC-1 with my MS3+TinyIOx ECU (the TinyIOx does LC1 serial -> canbus).
The LC1 is burning through LSU4.2's too quickly for my liking.

Thanks in advance.
LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?
Ballenger Motorsports
sales@bmotorsports.com
DonTZ125
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by DonTZ125 »

Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.
JaniM
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by JaniM »

There is coming from Innovate LSU4.9 support and upgrade kits for LC-2, MTX and LM-2 series.
Looks that they have adapter in extension cable.
If I understood, that Innovate is moving to LSU4.9 sensors in future.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I don't know about anyone else here, but there is no way in hell I'd touch an innovate product again. LC-1 was OK when it worked, the later stuff has been exposed as just junk in this thread in plain sight. Never again.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
JaniM
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by JaniM »

Yes, intresting to know how these would now change. Except prices are higher.
toalan
Wideband Wizard

Post by toalan »

The 4.9 might solve alot of issues with the innovate design, the sensor temperature signal is much stronger on the 4.9 vs the 4.2. The temperature signal on a 4.2 is ~ 5v*80/10080, the temperature signal on the 4.9 is ~5v*300/10300, essentially the temperature signal on the 4.9 is 300/80=3.75 times the amplitude vs the temperature signal on the 4.2

The innovate design is very noise prone, so a 3.75x increase on the temperature signal might bring very tangible improvements.
MWP
TO220 - Visibile

Post by MWP »

bmotorsports wrote:LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?
Location is at the bottom of the turbo dump pipe (approx 450mm from turbo exit), and its orientated the correct way.
Im running E85 too.
The sensor visually appears to be in good shape.
DonTZ125 wrote:Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.
After all the issues with the LC-1, im liking the idea of moving to a LSU4.9 for longevity.
Having it "just work" for a long time into the future would be great.

The TinyIOx is mounted in the same box as the MegaSquirt (located mid-car), so i gather i would want to mount the controller that far away from the sensor.
The "Spartan 2" is looking like the best option at the moment unless there is another with CANBus.

Thanks guys.
Hentai
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Hentai »

MWP wrote:
bmotorsports wrote:LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?
Location is at the bottom of the turbo dump pipe (approx 450mm from turbo exit), and its orientated the correct way.
Im running E85 too.
The sensor visually appears to be in good shape.
DonTZ125 wrote:Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.
After all the issues with the LC-1, im liking the idea of moving to a LSU4.9 for longevity.
Having it "just work" for a long time into the future would be great.

The TinyIOx is mounted in the same box as the MegaSquirt (located mid-car), so i gather i would want to mount the controller that far away from the sensor.
The "Spartan 2" is looking like the best option at the moment unless there is another with CANBus.

Thanks guys.
my suggestion would be any unit based off the AFM1600 from ecm co. EG NGK AFX, ballenger AFR500, etc with ntk sensor
MWP
TO220 - Visibile

Post by MWP »

Dont the AFX's have slow response issues?