View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm



Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Can anyone suggest a WB02 controller with LSU4.9 and canbus? 
Author Message
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 am
Posts: 12
Im new here, please let me know if this is not the correct place to ask.

Can anyone suggest a decent WB02 controller that supports LSU4.9, and has canbus coms?
I can drop back to a linear analog output if there is no good option.

At the moment im using a LC-1 with my MS3+TinyIOx ECU (the TinyIOx does LC1 serial -> canbus).
The LC1 is burning through LSU4.2's too quickly for my liking.

Thanks in advance.


Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am
Profile
TO220 - Visibile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Richmond, VA
MWP wrote:
Im new here, please let me know if this is not the correct place to ask.

Can anyone suggest a decent WB02 controller that supports LSU4.9, and has canbus coms?
I can drop back to a linear analog output if there is no good option.

At the moment im using a LC-1 with my MS3+TinyIOx ECU (the TinyIOx does LC1 serial -> canbus).
The LC1 is burning through LSU4.2's too quickly for my liking.

Thanks in advance.


LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?

_________________
Ballenger Motorsports
sales@bmotorsports.com


Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 am
Posts: 57
Location: Scarborough, ON
Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.

_________________
TTR Ignition Systems


Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 am
Posts: 35
Location: Finland
There is coming from Innovate LSU4.9 support and upgrade kits for LC-2, MTX and LM-2 series.
Looks that they have adapter in extension cable.
If I understood, that Innovate is moving to LSU4.9 sensors in future.


Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 14605
Location: Home sweet home!
I don't know about anyone else here, but there is no way in hell I'd touch an innovate product again. LC-1 was OK when it worked, the later stuff has been exposed as just junk in this thread in plain sight. Never again.

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:35 am
Profile WWW
QFP80 - Contributor

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 am
Posts: 35
Location: Finland
Yes, intresting to know how these would now change. Except prices are higher.


Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 am
Profile
Wideband Wizard

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 am
Posts: 241
Location: Toronto Canada
The 4.9 might solve alot of issues with the innovate design, the sensor temperature signal is much stronger on the 4.9 vs the 4.2. The temperature signal on a 4.2 is ~ 5v*80/10080, the temperature signal on the 4.9 is ~5v*300/10300, essentially the temperature signal on the 4.9 is 300/80=3.75 times the amplitude vs the temperature signal on the 4.2

The innovate design is very noise prone, so a 3.75x increase on the temperature signal might bring very tangible improvements.

_________________
www.14Point7.com


Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:26 am
Profile WWW
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 am
Posts: 12
bmotorsports wrote:
LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?


Location is at the bottom of the turbo dump pipe (approx 450mm from turbo exit), and its orientated the correct way.
Im running E85 too.
The sensor visually appears to be in good shape.

DonTZ125 wrote:
Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.


After all the issues with the LC-1, im liking the idea of moving to a LSU4.9 for longevity.
Having it "just work" for a long time into the future would be great.

The TinyIOx is mounted in the same box as the MegaSquirt (located mid-car), so i gather i would want to mount the controller that far away from the sensor.
The "Spartan 2" is looking like the best option at the moment unless there is another with CANBus.

Thanks guys.


Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:07 am
Profile
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 299
MWP wrote:
bmotorsports wrote:
LC-1s tend to do that. Unless you are in some specific environment like leaded fuel (in which case an NTK sensor would be a better option), you likely just need a better controller. Are you under or overtemping the sensor? Is the installation location and orientation good?


Location is at the bottom of the turbo dump pipe (approx 450mm from turbo exit), and its orientated the correct way.
Im running E85 too.
The sensor visually appears to be in good shape.

DonTZ125 wrote:
Alan's SLC-OEM controller, available as a tiny card to be mounted in your TIOx box, does a MUCH better job than the LC-1 at keeping 4.2 sensors alive. He and various customers have apparently taken several 'non-functional' LSU4.2 sensors from LC-1 service, plugged them into his controllers, and had absolutely no further problems.


After all the issues with the LC-1, im liking the idea of moving to a LSU4.9 for longevity.
Having it "just work" for a long time into the future would be great.

The TinyIOx is mounted in the same box as the MegaSquirt (located mid-car), so i gather i would want to mount the controller that far away from the sensor.
The "Spartan 2" is looking like the best option at the moment unless there is another with CANBus.

Thanks guys.


my suggestion would be any unit based off the AFM1600 from ecm co. EG NGK AFX, ballenger AFR500, etc with ntk sensor


Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:20 am
Profile
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 am
Posts: 12
Dont the AFX's have slow response issues?


Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF. ColorizeIt.