View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next
Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy 
Author Message
TO220 - Visibile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Richmond, VA
The phrasing chosen makes it sound like it just just increasing the analog frequency. Will have to see how it affects sensor response on that output (if any).

_________________
Ballenger Motorsports
sales@bmotorsports.com


Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 14825
Location: Home sweet home!
Bump because I approved three posts (two on the last page, go back and give them a read), and edited one of them to break the link to ecotrons website. Copy paste if interested.

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:11 am
Profile WWW
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:27 am
Posts: 14
I think the innovate is just analogue output frequency not the speed of the sensor. I will be replacing my MTX-L soon, but I'm not sure what I want to go with. The BM AFR500 v2 seems to be really good and is used by one of the bigger tuning shops down here (with the NTK sensor) as being the most accurate...however, they've had a few failures with the boxes randomly dying...but they keep getting replacements, they are unsure what the cause of failure is...but they love the units. Please note, it has been several months since I last spoke to the shop, so I do not know if they have figured out the issue or not :)


Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:19 am
Profile
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 am
Posts: 109
Quote:
The phrasing chosen makes it sound like it just just increasing the analog frequency. Will have to see how it affects sensor response on that output (if any).


They specifically mentioned increasing the sensor frequency to 300Hz ( from their current ~20Hz ). Even the old, faster LC-1 was only around 150Hz. So, this would be a huge upgrade.

... and resolving an actual measurement in under 4ms.

At least that's what was in their handout flyer. Which... BTW seems an odd move. As in "Don't buy our current product. Wait for the new one." I thought that lesson was learned with the Osborn 2 ?


Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:46 am
Profile
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:27 am
Posts: 14
HelmutVonAutobahn wrote:
They specifically mentioned increasing the sensor frequency to 300Hz ( from their current ~20Hz ). Even the old, faster LC-1 was only around 150Hz. So, this would be a huge upgrade.

... and resolving an actual measurement in under 4ms.

At least that's what was in their handout flyer. Which... BTW seems an odd move. As in "Don't buy our current product. Wait for the new one." I thought that lesson was learned with the Osborn 2 ?


Ah interesting, are you able to scan in that handout flyer? I only saw the video which mentions nothing about that :)


Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:56 am
Profile
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 am
Posts: 109
Quote:
Ah interesting, are you able to scan in that handout flyer? I only saw the video which mentions nothing about that :)


Here is what I got.


Attachments:
innovate_flyer.JPG
innovate_flyer.JPG [ 418.71 KiB | Viewed 493 times ]
Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:17 am
Profile
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 am
Posts: 109
"The Innovate "Direct Digital" technology can make a comlpete lambda reading in one cycle.
With a typical pump frequency of 300Hz, the Innovate wideband can produce a valid reading in less than 4ms."

Sounds pretty specific.


Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:02 am
Profile
TO220 - Visibile

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:27 am
Posts: 14
HelmutVonAutobahn wrote:
"The Innovate "Direct Digital" technology can make a comlpete lambda reading in one cycle.
With a typical pump frequency of 300Hz, the Innovate wideband can produce a valid reading in less than 4ms."

Sounds pretty specific.


Yeah sounds very interesting...will need to see how it does when it's released :)


Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:24 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 14825
Location: Home sweet home!
Sounds like a rip off of Alan's stuff? "Utilizes our patent pending Binary Drive technology; no other system is more digital"

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:19 am
Profile WWW
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 am
Posts: 109
Nah, they definitely have their own patent/tech.

But, it doesn't seem to match up with those numbers. Unless they have something completely new.

It just seems like announcing it now, before it is available, is only going to depress current sales. Even worse, if it turns out to be vaporware.


Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:11 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF. ColorizeIt.