Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
bmotorsports
TO220 - Visibile

Re: Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Post by bmotorsports »

The phrasing chosen makes it sound like it just just increasing the analog frequency. Will have to see how it affects sensor response on that output (if any).
Ballenger Motorsports
sales@bmotorsports.com
Fred

Post by Fred »

Bump because I approved three posts (two on the last page, go back and give them a read), and edited one of them to break the link to ecotrons website. Copy paste if interested.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Daemos
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Daemos »

I think the innovate is just analogue output frequency not the speed of the sensor. I will be replacing my MTX-L soon, but I'm not sure what I want to go with. The BM AFR500 v2 seems to be really good and is used by one of the bigger tuning shops down here (with the NTK sensor) as being the most accurate...however, they've had a few failures with the boxes randomly dying...but they keep getting replacements, they are unsure what the cause of failure is...but they love the units. Please note, it has been several months since I last spoke to the shop, so I do not know if they have figured out the issue or not :)
HelmutVonAutobahn
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by HelmutVonAutobahn »

The phrasing chosen makes it sound like it just just increasing the analog frequency. Will have to see how it affects sensor response on that output (if any).
They specifically mentioned increasing the sensor frequency to 300Hz ( from their current ~20Hz ). Even the old, faster LC-1 was only around 150Hz. So, this would be a huge upgrade.

... and resolving an actual measurement in under 4ms.

At least that's what was in their handout flyer. Which... BTW seems an odd move. As in "Don't buy our current product. Wait for the new one." I thought that lesson was learned with the Osborn 2 ?
Daemos
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Daemos »

HelmutVonAutobahn wrote: They specifically mentioned increasing the sensor frequency to 300Hz ( from their current ~20Hz ). Even the old, faster LC-1 was only around 150Hz. So, this would be a huge upgrade.

... and resolving an actual measurement in under 4ms.

At least that's what was in their handout flyer. Which... BTW seems an odd move. As in "Don't buy our current product. Wait for the new one." I thought that lesson was learned with the Osborn 2 ?
Ah interesting, are you able to scan in that handout flyer? I only saw the video which mentions nothing about that :)
HelmutVonAutobahn

Ah interesting, are you able to scan in that handout flyer? I only saw the video which mentions nothing about that :)
Here is what I got.
Attachments
innovate_flyer.JPG
HelmutVonAutobahn

"The Innovate "Direct Digital" technology can make a comlpete lambda reading in one cycle.
With a typical pump frequency of 300Hz, the Innovate wideband can produce a valid reading in less than 4ms."

Sounds pretty specific.
Daemos
TO220 - Visibile

Post by Daemos »

HelmutVonAutobahn wrote:"The Innovate "Direct Digital" technology can make a comlpete lambda reading in one cycle.
With a typical pump frequency of 300Hz, the Innovate wideband can produce a valid reading in less than 4ms."

Sounds pretty specific.
Yeah sounds very interesting...will need to see how it does when it's released :)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sounds like a rip off of Alan's stuff? "Utilizes our patent pending Binary Drive technology; no other system is more digital"
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
HelmutVonAutobahn

Nah, they definitely have their own patent/tech.

But, it doesn't seem to match up with those numbers. Unless they have something completely new.

It just seems like announcing it now, before it is available, is only going to depress current sales. Even worse, if it turns out to be vaporware.