Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
HelmutVonAutobahn
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Post by HelmutVonAutobahn »

Innovate claims that the new "MTX-L PLUS" has improved heater control. Although, their description of it sounds a bit odd. I believe the regular MTX-L and LC-2 still have their regular heater control. So, "E8" may still be an issue.

I think AEM was thinking that nobody would actually use the serial data output. But, the soldering seems to be worth it.
carl0s
TO92 - Vaguely active

Re: Widebands That You Would or Wouldn't Buy

Post by carl0s »

Alan:

Your Spartan II looks like a great deal, but it's missing one vital feature for me: the ability to alter the rich/lean switching point on the simulated narrow-band output.

I want this so that I can get my BMW motorbike to run a bit richer at closed loop, at least until I understand enough about EFI fuel tables and mapping to be able to recognise and tune the maps in my ME9+ ECU (BMSKP). It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm new to all this.

As it happens, I have received a ZT-2 kit, plus LCD & datalogger, but I'm just looking at how I would/could have done it or might do it again if I was trying to *just* do the lambda-fix bodge, rather than learn/datalog/etc.