Microtech Injector and Ignition Wiring

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
Dan
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Microtech Injector and Ignition Wiring

Post by Dan »

Those of you whom are familiar with the Leb-Tech ECU's (Microtech) please answer a very simple question I have:

1. Are the injector and ignition outputs wired in terms of firing order or cylinder order? I have a friends car with a Microtech LT10s & factory 4-channel Nissan ignitor combo running his SR20DET engine. From memory the Injectors are wired in cylinder order and the ignition is wired in firing order, but I am getting strange results.

The Microtech installation diagrams are shit for many reasons, any expedited help on this issue would be very very greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan
Dan

Re: Microtech Injector and Ignition Wiring

Post by Dan »

Found this -> http://microtechefi.com/download/LTX10_ ... %20CYL.pdf

I have a car that I wired approx 6 years ago, that is running perfectly with a Microtech LT10s. I am going to compare the PDF linked in this post with it, and then compare it to the setup I have in my shed and work out what is happening here.

Shall post back when I know more...
tpsretard
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by tpsretard »

If your firing order is 1342

Injector Out 1 ==> Cylinder 1
Injector Out 2 ==> Cylinder 3
Injector Out 3 ==> Cylinder 4
Injector Out 4 ==> Cylinder 2

Thats how it ran the celica before i dumped it 2 weeks ago.

i would guess the ignition out is the same, but the celica used a dissy, so i dunno.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Injectors are wired in cylinder order, not firing order.

Ignition is wired as per firing order.

It now runs. Thank fuck for that!

Fuel pump wasn't staying on whilst cranking, ignition wasn't wired as above and the cas was actually out, despite my efforts of maintaining its position throughout the course of the fault finding process.

I must say though, microtech diagrams are fucking pieces of shit! ( just like their resolution, etc)
Nige
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by Nige »

Just found this thread as I was about to start my own about these turds.

I have a customer who's mate owns a workshop, he supplied the hardware and I wired up his rotary, deloomed the engine bay etc. Has been bagging my work to his mates, now I have the car back and diagnosed a faulty LT10s, among other faults that are unrelated to what I did.
The Microguess has a relay inside, which runs Batt 12V and the IGN supply switches on... which is faulty. I have ordered replacement relay incase he wants me to solder it in.
But yeah, I advised not getting a Microguess, he gets one, and then it's my wiring that is causing issues of course. Except it's not. It's the freaking Microguess.

/endrant

oh, it's the TIANBO relay you can see below.
IRC nick: ignitionigel or Nige
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please feel free to start a new thread on the many flaws that MicroTech has. I believe it to be one of the worst available ECUs on the planet, however those who know never seem to share it (at least not here). Perhaps if you start it, listing in detail everything that's bad and wrong, Dan and John and others will pipe up and add content? :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!