Microtech LT10 for Fuel Only application

Discuss MegaSquirt, VEMS and other non-free hardware and software here.
Scara
TO92 - Vaguely active

Microtech LT10 for Fuel Only application

Post by Scara »

Hello All; this will be my first post so bear with me.

I have for some time now been building a turbo powered motorcycle with a myriad of parts outside of the ordinary. Aboard are a set of GSXR 1000 2008 throttle bodies attached to a Microtech ECU specifically the LT10 for fuel only application.

Although the manual accompanied the unit, it speaks to you like you are already the tuner and are a full bottle overflowing with knowledge.

Well, Im not that guy. I am a newbie with EFI / ECU / Fuel Management and would prefer to be treated and spoken to as such by my peers when discussing programming, terminology and basic set up procedures if you please.

I like many others, like to self educate but there comes a time when you have to reach out and ask for help. Well, that time has come.

For the benefit of open frankness, I know the black art of carbies, so lets leave that aside, when it comes to understanding how to read an idle map, load map, what the terms Ms; As; At mean, well you got me cold.

On approaching the set up pages in the manual located #30, we begin with simple things, Load Normal or Matrix, injectors to read off MAP or TPS, that much I got, but then it branches off into a language which is beyond comprehension. One minute it speaks of 6 set up pages in HG or percentage in TPS, and nowhere does it show a percentage figure in the idle or load set up screen or how to apply it, or how to read the numbers in the boxes. Are you with me so far ?

I have many qualifications, can strip and rebuild an engine old school style no problem, but somehow I feel I skipped a couple of years with this stuff, and frankly now I know how my wife feels some days when I break into a language only men understand, the term which comes to mind is emancipated.

With all this allow me to ask my fellow man to introduce themselves, particularly those among you that have 'Microtech' experience in the first instance so we can funnel, and then discuss how to read, set up and get an engine started with no maps information what so ever.

It is my understanding for the most part, these units are more overly designed for a rotary engine, however I am a black is black person. If you can connect the dots the right way, you can make anything work given the right circumstances, if its got fuel, spark, a signal with correct functionality instructions, it has to work.

As I selected the unit for FUEL ONLY, this should be a walk in the park, but no understanding how the idle map is laid out and what information the ECU takes and uses to get the engine firing is right now beyond my brain function.

You guys are the college grads, I am in freshman. If you got this far in the post, I guess your hooked as much as I am to get answers.

Look forward to it peeps.

Cheers and regards

Scara ;) :geek:
Fred

Re: Microtech LT10 for Fuel Only application

Post by Fred »

MicroTech - oh dear.

I thought only rotards bought those! :-D

I think if you search the slightly racist term MicroLeb on this forum you should find some of Dan Visser's comments on them. Pretty bad ECUs. I feel your pain, and I do so from burned in distant memories of eye burning pain caused by screen shots of software from that company.

Poor you. I will notify Dan and see what he has to say. Stand by.

Over and out.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
Scara
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by Scara »

Fred wrote:MicroTech - oh dear.

I thought only rotards bought those! :-D

I think if you search the slightly racist term MicroLeb on this forum you should find some of Dan Visser's comments on them. Pretty bad ECUs. I feel your pain, and I do so from burned in distant memories of eye burning pain caused by screen shots of software from that company.

Poor you. I will notify Dan and see what he has to say. Stand by.

Over and out.
Well, strike one for me then. Cheers for the re-direct, will get onto the reading....
Dan
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by Dan »

Oh no... lol

Hi I'm Dan. I have very limited time at the moment but happy to help where I can.
Fred

Post by Fred »

And like magic after all this time, he appears! Excellent. Where's that GIF of the guy pulling up the camping chair when you need it?
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ToxicGumbo

Post by ToxicGumbo »

Dan

Post by Dan »

Haha oh goodness where do I start...

Can you post your current ecu config? Or photos of each page? What ignition input are you using?
Dan

Post by Dan »

Oh and dont do matrix. They suck at it and you will find normal/load works well enough (for a microleb at least)
amatt
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by amatt »

I wonder, still need that dongle to connect to laptop or got other way?
That damm dongle quite expensive to me.