Sean's R1 Powered Desert Rail (17th)

If you're running FreeEMS on any engine whether it be in a vehicle or not, please post about it here!
eraser87
TO220 - Visibile

Re: Sean's R1 Powered Desert Rail (17th)

Post by eraser87 »

Wow, nice work! What exactly is the PowerEFI? Is ist your own board design or some other board, modded to run FreeEMS Fw?
SleepyKeys
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by SleepyKeys »

I started off tuning OEM ECUs some 10 years ago and that progressed into standalone systems, primarily MoTec and then megasquirt. It was around the time I got into megasquirt, when I organized my efforts into what I named PowerEFI. To sum it up, it's a small business I started some 6 years ago.

Shortly after, I realized that the MS V3.0 board had serious issues, I spent many long nights working out *odd bugs on installs. After dealing with a couple installs like that, I figured I would spin my own board. Then BAM I was hit with the fact that I was somehow duped into thinking MS was FOSS. So I inquired about a licence, IIRC the price was reasonable, but as time went on I was finding out it was too flawed. Guys would complain about funny idle control and drive-ability issues etc. More or less they were happy customers as their engines made good power, but in most situations they expect near OEM quality drive-ability and MS2 just couldn't do it in most cases. Ultimately it started to tarnish my reputation.

Out of necessity, I came across FreeEMS while scouring the internet for a better solution. It's a solid opportunity, IMO there is no way to know a product better, than if you had a hand in creating it. The F16 is not modded to run FreeEMS, it's tailored to run it. I'm limiting F16 installs to ones that I can perform myself. Documentation and testing are a bit too thin for "general consumption" at this time. The videos seem to make it look promising though ;)
You snooze, you lose!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sean0 wrote:I'm showing .9 lambda at idle with a 2.1mS(3.1 effective)
electrical pw > effective pw, not the other way around (usually).

slow reply, i know...
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!