Just a few basic things that I need if you want me to look at your logs:
- Log file must be compressed (bz2, gz, zip in this order)
- Log file must be recorded using EMStudio or ULV CLI Logger, only. Yes, I can tell the difference...
- Log file must be accompanied by a description of state of the code, car, tune, weather, etc. You MUST tell me what you are expecting me to look for/at.
- Log file must be accompanied by a self-analysis, why should I try to figure out what is going on if you will not. If you can't find anything, tell me what you tried and what you checked.
- Log file must be generated by firmware that was built in an environment with a working git installation and in a git repository cloned from freeems-vanilla (your copy or mine)
- Log file must be generated by a firmware version that has no uncommitted changes, and that is pushed to a public Github account, or a private one that I have access to.
- Log file must be downloadable using wget or any other utility. It should not arrive via email. It can be a forum attachment, if necessary. It can also be attached to an issue on the tracker.
For each of these, I have very good reasons. Even if you don't want my help, you'd be wise to adhere to these recommendations! They're useful to you, too, if you know what you're looking at.
- where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means FreedomFreeEMS.org
- the open source engine management systemFreeEMS dev diary
and its comments thread
and my turbo truck!n00bs
, do NOT
PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!