View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:47 pm



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
1987 Camaro 383 configuration questiosn 
Author Message
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Shrewsbury PA
Alright, so I finally got my Jaguar A3 installed and wired in... so now I need help getting it configured.

This is how the ECU is wired:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11223366 ... 8139945074

I know, it's a bit silly, but bear with me. The injector side is stock wiring. They're wired together into two groups, and there's nothing I can do about that right now. Each mosfet is capable of driving 6 injectors at once, so no matter which MCU output gets fired, it'll never overheat (Go Jaguar!)

My current config can be seen in hash c5e359cf06e0c063c0aa117c641a22325f653bf1 of my fork of the firmware: https://github.com/malcom2073/freeems-vanilla

That includes my decoder, which was written by Sean K, surprisingly quickly.

The car holds sync, however it just refuses to start, and smells horribly like too much fuel. Logically, my config must be wrong.

I've tried a couple different configs,

My initial config, this one was supposed to fire the injectors fairly often, but due to having issues I attempted to simplify it, see the config below.
Code:
anglesOfTDC: {ANGLE(0), ANGLE(90), ANGLE(180), ANGLE(270), ANGLE(360), ANGLE(450), ANGLE(540), ANGLE(630),ANGLE(0),ANGLE(180),ANGLE(360),ANGLE(540)},
outputEventPinNumbers:       {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,4,3,5}, // LTCC e-dizzy, semi-sequential injection 1/6, 8/5, 4/7, 3/2, and repeat
schedulingConfigurationBits: {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1}, // See below two lines
decoderEngineOffset:               ANGLE(8.00), // Dist is at 0 degrees.
numberOfConfiguredOutputEvents:             12, // First half ignition, second half numberOfInjectionsPerEngineCycle:            2  // Full sync semi-sequential


This is the one I would prefer to run. The purpose of this one was to imitate the stock system. Fire each of the two banks, one per crank rotation. However apparently that's not quite how it works....


Code:
anglesOfTDC: {ANGLE(0), ANGLE(90), ANGLE(180), ANGLE(270), ANGLE(360), ANGLE(450), ANGLE(540), ANGLE(630),ANGLE(0),ANGLE(360)},
outputEventPinNumbers:       {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,4}, // LTCC e-dizzy, semi-sequential injection 1/6, 8/5, 4/7, 3/2, and repeat
schedulingConfigurationBits: {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1}, // See below two lines
decoderEngineOffset:               ANGLE(8.00), // Dist is at 0 degrees.
numberOfConfiguredOutputEvents:             10, // First half ignition, second half injection
numberOfInjectionsPerEngineCycle:            1  // Full sync semi-sequential





So here I am, asking for some advice. I can post up some logs of it cranking over and almost starting if necessary... but I'd like some insight into exactly what the config does, how it does it, and how it should be set up for my wiring setup. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

_________________
EMStudio
Interesting Stuff
My Car


Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 am
Profile WWW
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Shrewsbury PA
Some clarification.

My distributor is set to 8degrees advanced from TDC, and freeems is not yet controlling timing, so timing does not change ever.

When I say does not start, it cranks over, sputters a few times, and dies. Not much though, if I keep the starter engauged it doesn't grind, just cranks, one or two sputters, then goes back to cranking.

Edit: More clarification per hentaixp:

33lb/hr injectors (338cc/min?)
Cranking RPM: 130-200rpm
BasePW: 9-10ms
ActualPW: 24ms (ish)

Another edit:
datalog of a couple of crank events:
http://mikesshop.net/EMStudio/logs/logs.tar.gz

Yet another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt69Pb4EqmM&feature=plcp
^^ That's the best example of what it's doing.

_________________
EMStudio
Interesting Stuff
My Car


Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 15204
Location: Home sweet home!
Fix your f***ing FET situation, that's an image of anonymous internet fame right there! It'll be going up in daily WTF as soon as I'm done here. You made my morning. :-)

malcom2073 wrote:
My distributor is set to 8degrees advanced from TDC, and freeems is not yet controlling timing, so timing does not change ever.

Once it starts it'll be lazy.

Quote:
When I say does not start, it cranks over, sputters a few times, and dies. Not much though, if I keep the starter engauged it doesn't grind, just cranks, one or two sputters, then goes back to cranking.

Sounds like you're flooding it. What about idle airflow? Got any? Using your foot on the pedal to get some?

Quote:
33lb/hr injectors (338cc/min?)

At which duty? Code requires @ 100% many web figures are @ 85% or similar. Eg my RX7 "550s" are 650ish. Increasing this (to be more accurate) will reduce fueling.

Quote:
BasePW: 9-10ms

Fuel time per cylinder-cycle, without warmup, without dead time. I presume your engine is cold and your dead time is wrong.

Quote:
ActualPW: 24ms (ish)

No such variable.

Code:
fred@cheetah:~/workspaces/eclipse/freeems-vanilla/src$ grep -rn ActualPW . |wc
      0       0       0

The two configs posted above, with your fucked wiring, are equivalent (equivalently MS style/shit) in fueling IF, and ONLY IF, your dead time configuration is correct.

I've not looked at your config, or Sean's since 2 days ago when they made me cry.

I'll help you again after your injectors are being driven reasonably. By that I mean TWO, and ONLY TWO, CPU pins driving 1 (or 2 if you want) FETs, wired to 4 injectors per CPU output.

Fred.

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
Posts: 15204
Location: Home sweet home!
Oh, and do you get some vacuum or not? I didn't look at the log, but if your map sensor is lying to you, you're SOL.

_________________
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!


Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Shrewsbury PA
Fred wrote:
Fix your f***ing FET situation, that's an image of anonymous internet fame right there! It'll be going up in daily WTF as soon as I'm done here. You made my morning. :-)

Fixed. Pin 2 driving 4, pin 4 driving the other 4. I just had to clip the wires going to the other FETs heh


Fred wrote:
Once it starts it'll be lazy.

k

Fred wrote:
Sounds like you're flooding it. What about idle airflow? Got any? Using your foot on the pedal to get some?

Using foot on pedal lets it start occasionally, but sounds like it's running on 1-2 cylinders, and dies VERY quickly and easily. I'm afraid to rev it up past 1500 like that.

Fred wrote:
At which duty? Code requires @ 100% many web figures are @ 85% or similar. Eg my RX7 "550s" are 650ish. Increasing this (to be more accurate) will reduce fueling.

100%

Fred wrote:
Fuel time per cylinder-cycle, without warmup, without dead time. I presume your engine is cold and your dead time is wrong.

Yes, and probably.

Fred wrote:
No such variable.

Sorry, measured, not read.

Fred wrote:
The two configs posted above, with your fucked wiring, are equivalent (equivalently MS style/shit) in fueling IF, and ONLY IF, your dead time configuration is correct.
I've not looked at your config, or Sean's since 2 days ago when they made me cry.

Then help me fix mine. I'm going by what Andy and Sean tell me. By all means interject and help me fix it :)


Fred wrote:
I'll help you again after your injectors are being driven reasonably. By that I mean TWO, and ONLY TWO, CPU pins driving 1 (or 2 if you want) FETs, wired to 4 injectors per CPU output.

Done.

Fred wrote:
Oh, and do you get some vacuum or not? I didn't look at the log, but if your map sensor is lying to you, you're SOL.

Yes. Engine off is 98KPA, and engine cranking is around 80ish?

_________________
EMStudio
Interesting Stuff
My Car


Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF. ColorizeIt.