For people running FreeEMS to discuss it and ask any questions about using and adjusting it.
- Posts: 15410
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm
- Location: Home sweet home!
Yes, you read right, they are MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
, IE, you HAVE
to have these setup correctly.
- BRV connected to an appropriate divider within 1 Volt or so of the truth (for first starts, within 0.1V before any tuning goes on)
- IAT connected to a sensor mounted in a decent location with an appropriate bias resistor and a correct transfer curve in the firmware
- CHT connected to a sensor mounted in an appropriate location with an appropriate bias resistor and a correct transfer curve in the firmware
- MAP connected (via hose AND wires/traces) attached to the plenum or an appropriate balance tube setup (for ITBs or multi carbs) and a correct config pair in the firmware
- RPM is assumed to be connected or nothing would work at all.
If the first four are not right, the engine can not and will not run right. Therefore do NOT send me logs or ask me to look at logs if you are aware that you haven't finished wiring your EMS to your engine! Seems like common sense, but I'm posting it here as I don't want my time wasted. Sort out the basics first, then do everything else, including running and tuning and logging and complaining, etc.