Currently Supported Configurations

For people running FreeEMS to discuss it and ask any questions about using and adjusting it.
morrigan
TO92 - Vaguely active

Re: Currently Supported Configurations

Post by morrigan »

Fred wrote:Figured as much! Mind if I move these posts to the intro thread or a new thread of your own? I linked a GM enthusiast who might know what you mean off the top of his head. Hopefully he pipes up and responds at some point soon :-) Welcome to the site, either way!
DeuceEFI wrote: Sounds great
DueceEFI wrote:Depending on your transmission you may or may not need to control the shifting. My Trofeo has what is basically a GM TH400 in design (for a front wheel drive configuration) and only has a vacuum modulator. My Deuce is running a GM 700R4 and only needs one output from the ECM to lock up the torque convertor during cruise and this can be done with an output from the ECM or with a vacuum controlled switch. If you have a more modern electronic shifted GM transmission then we should talk about my TCM (transmission control module) that I am developing for the GM 4L60e and GM 4L80e
I want to start testing with my 98 Buick Lesebre (4t60e) after I figure out how to make everything work together I think I will start building a turbo buick v6 Volvo wagon. :D
pishta
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by pishta »

Fred, long time~no talk: What the status on a slant six sequential injection using a 36-1 wheel and EDIS-6? Id use a "6 minus 5" neutered reluctor electronic distributor as a CPS. I think the EDIS-6 acts just like a standard points/electronic distributor to Free-EMS, correct? Ive been out of the game for so long, you guys are probably on Jag 1.0 now....
Fred

Post by Fred »

Not much has changed on that front. Lots has changed on other fronts. No EDIS support was ever developed. I can't even fully remember exactly how the EDIS signal flow works. Life's been super busy!

Also, unless you have a huge turbo with huge injectors, sequential is overrated IMO. Semi-sequential provides more upsides and fewer downsides overall.

Even my hotel with 4 tiny shots per cycle from one oversized injector before the throttle plate runs pretty well.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!