Introductions!

For people running FreeEMS to discuss it and ask any questions about using and adjusting it.
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Re: Introductions!

Post by andg »

Fred wrote:With the exception of the thread that I had to remove
My bad. Often I need check and balance.

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
DeuceEFI
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by DeuceEFI »

Welcome along andg!
I hear you have a GM v6, I have a 3100 V6 in my Deuce running semi-sequential injection and DIS wasted spark. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away :-)
andg
SOT-223 - Salvaje

Post by andg »

Andy,

I'm very familiar with your work, and I've forked your github repo. I won't take your time until Fred clears it, but we need to sync up at some point.

Andrew

Code: Select all

{url: andrewgauger.com, skype: andrgaug, email: andg@andrewgauger.com, car: 25, fb: facebook.com/DonatoArrighi, github: andg.github.io, assets:https://s3.amazonaws.com/3400}
James
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by James »

Hi All,

My name is James, and I have a problem. :) That's the first step, right?

Anyway, I am a reasonably experienced firmware (C + ASM) and software programmer (C++, C#, JS) with a very strong passion for cars and especially engines. I live in the Waikato region of NZ, and I am pleased to see some country-mates on here!

I have been rebuilding my 1980 Civic for a number of years now, mainly consuming myself with panel work.
http://www.cityturbo.com/forums/viewtop ... f=3&t=2909
When the panel work is complete I plan on undertaking a twin-charged setup for the Honda City Turbo 1200cc engine thats in it, as well as converting the distributor ignition to programmable.

I have also spent a lot of time reverse engineering the ECU code for the Honda City Turbo. This was Hondas first ECU so its nice and simple. The idea behind reverse engineering it is that the engine runs an unusual combination of 5 injectors so doesn't lend itself well to aftermarket solutions.
https://code.google.com/p/ecureverse/

My daily driver is a 1997 Honda Prelude Type S with the 220ps Red top h22a. Running Tein adjustable suspension and otherwise pretty stock.

My current weekend/ski car is a 2002 Subaru WRX hatchback, bone stock.

Other ECU related experience, I worked reverse engineering ECU diagnostics communication protocols for Scan Tool manufacturer. This was a fun job, working with ECUs on the bench and in cars, as well as competitors tools. We had some cool hardware that could multiplex any of the diagnostic port pins onto our communications hardware of choosing, CAN bus, UART etc.

Currently I work as a software engineer here: http://www.bbctechnologies.com coding all kinds of stuff to do with fruit, vision, firmware and UI's.

The FreeEMS project has me excited, as I have been waiting for a powerful hardware platform with firmware in a reasonably high level language (C is good, ASM is tedious) for a long while, I started designing my own a number of years ago but Uni and life took over.

I will continue to browse and read here and generally get up to speed, but I would like to contribute in a meaningful way :)
Fred

Post by Fred »

The mighty Waikato, ey. I'm afraid that we're outnumbered by Finnish people by something like 2:1, do you use IRC at all? Could you help bolster the long white numbers? :-)

Looks really straight, can't begin to imagine how many hours you have into making it look that straight! Neat idea with the old mattress too! Will borrow that in future for sure. Skimmed page one, and 13/14 only. Busy man, flight tomorrow, history to make, etc.

Welcome from the head JAFA and head hacker! :-)

Fred.
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
James
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by James »

Cheers Fred, yep a good many hours have gone into her, 5 years or so in this build, and its the second time I've painted it. I got the old mattress idea of Oldschool.co.nz, worked a treat and cost me $1 off trademe.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I should really upload more videos from OS.co.nz meetups involving FreeEMS and fireballs being blown out of the exhaust. Here's a shot from one such meeting:

James
TO92 - Vaguely active

Post by James »

Your pic didn't work from here, seems to have embedding protection or something, I re-hosted it because its awesome :D

Matthijs
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by Matthijs »

Hi fellow car nutters :)

After spending a few days of reading forums posts I decided I want to be part of this FreeEMS adverture :)

My name is Matthijs, '83, from the Netherlands. I have an (automotive) software background know how to work a soldering iron. I hope it will be sufficient to contribute something to this project while building my own FreeEMS system.

I have two Peugeot 309's:
My project car, in the progress of getting an 2.0 Liter Turbo engine from a Citroen XM:

My second daily is just like this one with a small 1.4 engine. No mods (yet) because all the money is sunk in the turbo.
Although I'm building a full digital display for this one:
Information is supplied trough a home build CAN network (or so it the plan, some prototypes are build around some Arduino's and MCP2515's)
This would be the car for FreeEMS as this one is running allready and the engine is fairly simple (and cheap ;)). The turbo one would get one as soon as it has its full paperwork and plates etc.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Matthijs wrote:After spending a few days of reading forums posts I decided I want to be part of this FreeEMS adverture :)

Welcome aboard, Matthijs!
Although I'm building a full digital display for this one: http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto800-KWS3386A.jpg

Information is supplied trough a home build CAN network (or so it the plan, some prototypes are build around some Arduino's and MCP2515's)
Neat, what type of display is that?

Fred.

PS: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2176