Introductions!

For people running FreeEMS to discuss it and ask any questions about using and adjusting it.
Matthijs
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Re: Introductions!

Post by Matthijs »

It is a HITACHI TX31D16VM2BAA. Connected to a Rasp. Pi at the moment as it is the only board in my posession thad would allow me de HDMI to be set to 1280*480... My first choice was an olimex A13 board but the VGA output wouldn't coop. Perhaps the A10 (micro) when coming out of prototyping phase :) It is a clean C application with OPENGLES 2.0.
The CAN portion I made for a customer: atmega 328, MCP2515, works fine for now. Can supply me with more info at the moment than I need for this screen.
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjkqkh1QTpo
Fred

Post by Fred »

Really nice :-)
DIYEFI.org - where Open Source means Open Source, and Free means Freedom
FreeEMS.org - the open source engine management system
FreeEMS dev diary and its comments thread and my turbo truck!
n00bs, do NOT PM or email tech questions! Use the forum!
The ever growing list of FreeEMS success stories!
ToxicGumbo
LQFP144 - On Top Of The Game

Post by ToxicGumbo »

That video had my complete attention. During those brief seconds, the rest of the world no longer mattered.

Great work.

-Jeff
AiToR51
QFP80 - Contributor

Post by AiToR51 »

I like the dash screen a lot. Good work.
Sierra XR4i 2.0T
DanMoto
DIP8 - Involved

Post by DanMoto »

Hello :D
Last edited by DanMoto on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HD13
DIP8 - Involved

Post by HD13 »

Mathijs.

Nice display!!
You make me proud to be Dutch !
Corbon
LQFP112 - Up with the play

Post by Corbon »

Hi my name is Rob, I'm from Auckland, New Zealand.
My two passions are cars and embedded development so I think is the right place for me.
I started out as a machinist/welder in an engine rebuilding workshop and went on from there to study automotive engineering where I got involved in the electrical side of things.

After skulking around here for far too long I thought I'd better introduce myself, in particular I noticed Dan's R33 project.
I've been after an ECU for my turbo R33 for a long time but it turns out my standards are higher than I can afford. I had even resolved to build my own custom hardware/software from scratch. Research led me to FreeEMS and I have been checking back here ever since. I've learned a lot from this community and are really to keen to get involved. I have reasonable EFI knowledge and some C programming and electronics hardware design skills. Even a tiny bit of Borland C++ from writing a very basic tuning/diagnostics interface.

Next steps should be to get my hands on some development gear so I can play around with the Nissan/LT1 CAS decoder on the skyline and of course lots of reading to get myself up to date.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome to a fellow JAFA :-) Nice of you to pop up, so to speak.
MoZdA
TO220 - Visibile

Post by MoZdA »

Hi Gang,
My name is Maurice, and Im from Sydney Australia.
Long time listener, first time caller...
Ive been watching this project for approx 4 years. I was drawn to it by Fred's courier truck which I was trying to emulate.

I have since moved on to a new project which is a 1988 DA mazda 121 (ford festiva/kia pride). I am currently in the process of installing a mazda B6T in.
I am going to run the stock ECU temporarily so i can pass the engineer's scrutinizing for registration.
I originally was going to settle for M3gaS####t. But didnt see the point in building something which i didn't have total control over.
Further investigation of their "open source" claims made me steer away.

FreeEMS is definitely what im looking for. My project is a hobby. I work on it bit by bit with no rush or urgency, but rather the need to make things that will work reliably (even if it takes 50 attempts to get it right).
I'd be lying if i said I didnt find some aspects of this project slightly daunting. But in previous experiences, whenever i took on a daunting task, it always paid great dividends.

My experience is as follows:
Plumber since 1995.
completed first year in hydraulic engineering (before reality [mortgage] caught up with me)
Have spent the past 10 years as a field service technician for a boiling/chilled water appliance manufacturer.

It may seem im out of my depth here. But given a short period of time, i will be very well versed in all things freeEMS.

My goal with freeEMS is to LEARN, ANALYZE and CONTRIBUTE.

Thanks to all for making this what it is.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome Maurice!
MoZdA wrote:Ive been watching this project for approx 4 years. I was drawn to it by Fred's courier truck which I was trying to emulate.
Mu ha ha ha, the evil plan is working! ;-)
Further investigation of their "open source" claims made me steer away.
To be fair, they've never (to my knowledge) claimed it was open source. Others have, but not the people behind it. All they've done is misled everyone into *thinking* it was open source. Intentional or not is up for debate, but not here :-)
I'd be lying if i said I didnt find some aspects of this project slightly daunting. But in previous experiences, whenever i took on a daunting task, it always paid great dividends.
You'll be fine! :-)
Thanks to all for making this what it is.
De nada! :-)

Fred.